Shock Force2 v2.06 patch is now available

3 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

The new patch is available for immediate download. 

Most of the patch is to add the PBEM++ and Tournament features to the game. The fix for the T-902 is part of this patch

Get it here

Here's hoping you guys fixed the Mk19s on the AAVs, Strykers, and Humvees so that weapons companies can accomplish the same tasks they do in the real world. And the Marines ATGM LAVs, for the same reason, and the Canadian LAV with ATGMs, for the same reason. And the Gill.

8 hours ago, HaplessOperator said:

Here's hoping you guys fixed the Mk19s on the AAVs, Strykers, and Humvees so that weapons companies can accomplish the same tasks they do in the real world. And the Marines ATGM LAVs, for the same reason, and the Canadian LAV with ATGMs, for the same reason. And the Gill.

Nah, keep dreaming.

They never even answered in the thread about this bug in more than three years.

Nice that they fixed the T-90s but

dNOCqLF.jpg

Gil still broke, even worse, the hotfix I made for it doesn't work anymore 😪.

They changed it from firing out at the angle of the launcher, to a totally horizontal launch now, then it falls into the same ground-skimming obstacle-seeking flight profile.

pDs0VO1.jpg

Edited by Jace11

On 2/4/2023 at 2:13 AM, Der Zeitgeist said:

Nah, keep dreaming.

They never even answered in the thread about this bug in more than three years.

After reading those posts, I get the impression that, given the fact that some grenade launchers work, it's not an issue of a programming error, but a simple data entry error that they don't care to fix. 

Is anyone using this in Windows11?
I tried to install the whole game from the 2.06 installer which should install the whole game to 2.06 level.
Then activated it, but when I try to play it just shows the loading screen with a tank, but in a small window, not full screen size like normally.
Then nothing happens.

I have Cold War and Black Sea installed in this computer and they seem to be working. But SF2 isn't starting.

3 hours ago, waffelmann said:

How, if I may ask?

I contacted BF support and they helped me with this and another game's installation.
Basically the problem was that I had not activated the original CMSF game's license, only the CMSF2 license. Because of that the game would not start.

But also if you have bought not just the base game but also modules, version upgrades and other additional products expanding the base game there can be quite a few things to activate. If you forget activating some extra product and it doesn't show in your game.

• 2 weeks later...

John,

Still no patch on Steam?

Why was it possible for Slitherine to release a bugged Field of Glory 1.66, correct a critical bug, and have the game updated to 1.67 on Steam in two days?  Care to explain what the difference is here?

Thanks.

Furthermore, you never answered the question whether this Slitherine version is analogous to BFC v2.06.  The dates seem to work out.  Thanks ... I might just switch versions.

[PC] Installer v02.04.00.01
CombatMissionShockForce2-MultiSetup-v02.04.00.01.zip
02.04.00.01 Feb 06, 2023

5 hours ago, markshot said:

the question whether this Slitherine version is analogous to BFC v2.06.

If the version numbers are the same for the steam and BFC .exe then they are the same code. If the version numbers are different then they are not the same.

The definitive way to tell the version number is to look at the number on the main menu screen located in the bottom right corner.