Is there any way to play on Chromebook SMH

No way that I know of.

Chromebooks use the ChromeOS which does NOT run Windows programs. You could potentially "remote in" to another computer running Windows from a Chromebook, but I don't know if that would really work well when running a full-screen game like CM. The other potential workaround MIGHT work if your Chromebook is an Intel CPU based Chromebook, but there's no guarantee that the WINE emulation would support CM sufficiently to run it.

Try Googling "playing steam games on Chromebook"... Looks like you orter be able to, if you've got a Windows PC somewhere that'll play the game, and a fast network to stream it between devices.

No help if the Chromebook is your only platform, but if you just want to be able to play from rooms where the tower PC isn't, it might suffice. Not tried it myself, so I don't know how well it works, but you can access some of the CMx2 titles on Steam, so it's a possibility.

You can use the backup of an OS system on a USB drive and plug it into your Chromebook. However, I think your Chromebook may not be powerful enough to use the back up. 8GB is the system I used to play Engine 3 on windows. I don't know how big the RAM of your Chromebook is. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 2:02 PM, chuckdyke said:

However, I think your Chromebook may not be powerful enough to use the back up. 8GB is the system I used to play Engine 3 on windows. I don't know how big the RAM of your Chromebook is. 

All CM games are 32bit, so the game cannot utilize more than 4GB of RAM.

Edited by Bufo

22 hours ago, Artkin said:

Yeah Chromebooks have always been less performance than budget laptops. They were originally only meant to run google chrome and some other Kindle-level crap. 

I wouldnt expect a chromebook to run any games. 

It's been 8 years since I've even seen one though.

Your expectation would still be accurate. Great for browsing and a bit of cloudy-productivity-software work. Spiffy battery life (because not very powerful). Watching the Choobs, sure. Shredding Night City, or Call of Arma, not so much...