Mortar Accuracy mounted/unmounted?

Greetings Commanders!

Im enjoying Red Thunder playing Germans against Soviets. (all expansions)
I have a question about mounted/unmounted mortar - should i unmount mortar before i use it or are they as accurate/better/worse when mounted?
Thank you Sir´s!

Does depend on how you fire them.

Direct LOS fire is more accurate and for that mounted IMO is as good as dismounted but has advantage mortar team protected better from incoming fire and can quickly displace if needs be i.e. drive the SPW off and away.

Indirect fire not noticed any difference but then idirect fire via a spotted does depend on experience etc of the person calling in the fire so might take longer to get rounds on target accurately if spotter bit rubbish.

Obvious advantage of SPW mounted mortar is it quickly can come into action where needed(no set-up time etc); its lightly armoured so gives some protection against incoming small arms fire/shell splinters .

There are a couple of issues with the way mounted mortars work currently:

• The mortar fires very slowly while it is inside the vehicle.

• The mortar vehicle cannot be ordered to move to a location and immediately open fire from there, like any other unit can, by selecting the final move point and making a target order from there. Instead, you need to move to the location first and then the following turn you can issue the fire order to the mortar unit inside the halftrack. However, you cannot be sure that the mortar will have LOF from that location, so you sometimes need to spend several turns moving it around one turn, checking fire next turn, etc.

• Mortar halftracks cannot fire the last 24 shells for some reason. You need to unmount the mortar unit to fire those.

I still hope some of these issues will be fixed.

Edited by Bulletpoint

3 hours ago, NeoOhm said:

ok, here is another set of question.
Do the morale of the Spotter affect time and accuracy?
Is it better to spot when rested or is it the same when the spotter it tired?

Also when i hit a At or AA gun and it say abandoned - must i destroy it to get points?