Playing with conscripts only

22 minutes ago, Artkin said:

You can.

1) Open the file in the Scenario Editor.

2) Minimize the scenario's formations on the right. This will save you time instead of having to set every team individually.

3) Click the scenario's formation so it's highlighted

4) At the bottom, set the attributes. It will override everything that's highlighted. You want to minimize the Battalions so you can do this step in 1 go per formation.

5) Save the file in your scenarios folder again, with a different name. I like to name mine Conscript after.

Campaign scenarios get kind of weird when you change the troops to conscript. I tried the Tukums battle ages ago with conscript troops, but I broke it.

The regular scenarios should be fine.

thanks, artkin, i'll have to give it a try!

• 3 weeks later...

I know @Artkin is using Conscripts, but for past several years I have only been using Green Moral (w/different Leadership & Motivation levels) as the baseline to better represent battlefield casualties, and the slower pace of combat. 

If I'm representing Conscript or Green troops in RL, then I would make all troops Green with -1 Leader & -1 Motivation.

If Reg in RL, then I would make all troops Green with 0 Leader & 0 Motivation.

If Vet in RL, then I would make all troops Green with +1 Leader & +1 Motivation.

If troops are Crack in RL (Para, Ranger), then I would make all troops Green with +2 Leader & +2 Motivation.

Anyways, something along those lines.

I have originally used Conscript Moral as baseline (with different Leadership & Moral), but they tend to be too fragile, especially the first sign of HE, or playing against Human Opponent.

So, and after several years of playtesting, came to the conclusion that using Green Moral (with appropriate Leader & Motivation levels) would be a better compromise, and still give you that slower pace of combat and overall lower casualties.

Joe

Edited by JoMac

Yeah as you say Joe, I used to use Green troops in place of my regulars. However, the green troops were still too good indoors. They were also too good at killing infantry inside houses. It was too difficult to hide or sneak around before on green.

On conscript, these issues are alleviated, though with an accuracy issue taking its place. Small arms are a little too ineffective at times, but this is rare, and certainly happens less than any issues with green or regular troops IMO.

The urban CQB, house to house, and even room to room fighting potential offered with conscript troops was too irresistible for me :)

I haven't tried changing the settings too much, but if you drop fanatacism from extreme to high for conscripts, it will make a huge difference and they will surrender very often. If the fanatacism is raised to fanatic, then the conscripts will act like terminators.

Gah.

Edited by Artkin