How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

During today's press-conference with president of FInland Alexader Stubb, Vladimir Zelenskiy criticized those who condemn Ukrainian strikes on Russian territory and Russian refineries. 

Зеленський – критикам атак на НПЗ Росії: приїдьте спочатку в Харків, а потім щось засуджуйте

"I guess in order to understrand how to survive in Kharkiv, how people live without electricity and water, some people probably have to visit here, look on this and then something condemn or not. Russia doesn't understand anything, except the force. And all these condemns of Russia for their occupation of our territories, strikes on our power system, blackoutsm which we survived during these two years... All these condemns didn't cause reducing of Russian attacks. This proves that these people [Russians] understand only when there is a strong response. Because of this I believe western partners must support Ukrainian responses"

Finnish president suported possibility of western troops presence in Ukraine

But on other hand president of France on own recent meeting with president of USA and cancellor of Germany couldn't convince both to change their mind concerning sending troops to Ukraine - Antony Blinken made a statemnet USA will not support this idea, because it can cause escalation of conflict and involving of NATO in this war.   

In Ukrianian society the word "escalation managment" already is becominmg a meme...

Edited by Haiduk

https://thediplomat.com/2019/02/the-dormant-breadbasket-of-the-asia-pacific/#:~:text=Although some Siberian farmers in,are anticipated to improve substantially.

The Dormant Breadbasket of the Asia-Pacific /The promise of Siberian agriculture for Asia’s growing demand for food.

I am not deeply familiar with The Diplomat, but this article seems well researched. They conclude that Siberia has significant untapped agricultural potential now, and that it could increase greatly with climate change.

Next Russian near company-sized armored attack attempt near Terny with the same result - most of armor remained on battlefield.

As desperately wrote one of Russian milblogger "I would ask a general ...., why he is killing 20th Army near Terny"

I don't know how is true this information, but allegedly after defeating of whole tank BTG attack of 6th tank regiment near Tonen'ke, personnel of Russian units refused to go in further attacks. Due to this Russian command was forced to reduce number of atatcks on this direction and start to totate units. 

Edited by Haiduk

The second TOS-1A for two days was cooked off by FPVs of "Azov" brigade on Terny/Kreminna direction. Most of media attention now is on Avdiivka, but Terny like and Ivanivske near Bakhmut are real hot points now with not less amount of Russian atatcks and the same fierce fight.

Edited by Haiduk

3 hours ago, panzermartin said:

Agreed 👍

Yeah it's puzzling they fight each other, since they are both white and believe in white supremacy and are probably fans of Nazi Germany too but these are groups that never went too deep with their reasoning I guess. 

I don't think so.

Actual Ukrainians correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that lot of the far right in Ukraine traces its history to "the Nazis have treated us (or our ancestors) better than the Russians have", and meanwhile Russian Nazis might be white supremacists globally, but between white people they are definitely Russian-supremacists.

So they might look similar if you look at their opinions on LBGT or economic policy they might look the same, the history and goals are quite different so of course they fight.

According to Anrew Perpetua analysys, Russia in March lost record number of BMPs for last 17 months - 262 (though absolute record 565 BMPs for March 2022 still unbeaten). Also for 1st of April Russia lost a record number of BMPs in one day - 34

GKP_iKVWIAAoSZz?format=jpg&name=large

4 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

The second TOS-1A for two days was cooked off by FPVs of "Azov" brigade on Terny/Kreminna direction. Most of media attention now is on Avdiivka, but Terny like and Ivanivske near Bakhmut are real hot points now with not less amount of Russian atatcks and the same fierce fight.

I keep wondering what you have to do wrong to get assigned to drive one of these. I also find it hilarious that they make them drive around by themselves. "It will all be fine, we promise", also" don't get closer than one kilometer to any friendly unit". 

31 minutes ago, Letter from Prague said:

Actual Ukrainians correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that lot of the far right in Ukraine traces its history to "the Nazis have treated us (or our ancestors) better than the Russians have", and meanwhile Russian Nazis might be white supremacists globally, but between white people they are definitely Russian-supremacists.

Our "far-right" not fixated on WWII legacy unless it concerns exactly hystorical aspects or memorial days. Our "far-right" more interesting with "ukrainocentrism", strengthening of our culture and language positions inside the country as a counter to Russian mass-culture influence, struggling with negative globalisation and left woke ideology aspects, wich some world institutes try to anchor in Ukraine (especially inside univercities), fighting against corruption and oligarchs power, they always voted for "clever militarization" of Ukrianian society (having Russia as a neighbour), for upbringing of young generation in national spirit, sport, scouting etc, so they will grow responsibile active citizens of own country, not amorhous consumers. Of course, for some people to be an active patriot of own country and to be ready to protect own lifestyle with a force this is "extremism" %) 

PS. Russian RDK are mosly "far-right" too. Just not all far-rights are "equally useful" )))

Edited by Haiduk

One more video of Russian BTG attack repelling near Tonen'ke. Mix of fast changing cadres, probably more good quality video will be soon. At 1:40 nice Javelin hit.  Reportedly most of Russian losses were of Javelin and other ATGMs fire. Units of 25th airborne and 68th yager brigades are participated

1 hour ago, dan/california said:

I am not deeply familiar with The Diplomat, but this article seems well researched. They conclude that Siberia has significant untapped agricultural potential now, and that it could increase greatly with climate change.

One thing is for certain. If Siberia does end up having significant agricultural potential, China will become extremely interested in its "historical claims" to this territory very quickly. They import massive amounts of food and being able to change that would open up lots of options for them, and their "limitless friendship" with Russia be damned.

4 hours ago, sburke said:

"extremist" and "reasoning" are kind of mutually exclusive.

LOL, 100% agree! This is probably the biggest reason humans fight each other.

US citizen with callsign "Will", signs a contract with Russian army. Milblogger Kotenok in own TG claims this guy served in US army, but when knew what is going on Donbas decided to join to fight against "nazism". Some time he served in "15th international brigade" (so-called "Pyatnashka") of DNR, now he signed contract in Yugra city in Syberia (74th motor-rifle brigade). Interview in English. I wonder he has Mexican or Hindus roots?

By the way, for contract signing he received 745 000 RUB (about 8100 USD) and futher he will receive 150 000 RUB (1630 USD) monthly (not matter on first line or in th erear)

In many Russian regions local governors rised award for contract signing. In Oriol and Rostov oblasts this award already reached 1000 000 RUB (about 10900 USD) - initially award was 500 000. Russian MoD claims they enlisted about 100 000 contractors and each day about 1700 people came to enlistment offices, especially many come after act of terror in Crocus-hall "to revenge the enemies of Russia". But rising of contract signing award shows the stream of people, wishing to get huge easy money is coming to the end and to stimulate the motivation (and temptation) you have to offer bigger award. Many of people in Russia either too poor or have huge credit indebtness in banks without chances to pay it. And this will push them to army. So, less oil and oil productin export - less money, less contractors. Refineries will burn will it like in White House or not.  

Edited by Haiduk

9 hours ago, panzermartin said:

So the denazification is not a total lie after all but it is known that war attracts the most primitive/far right elements from both sides

There is no better use for far right elements than to draft them into the army and let them fight some other nation. They are supposed to like it.

"Rosstat" (State statistic instututions) issued a report that for a week of 18-24th of March produce of fuel in Russia decreased on 7,4 % in comparison with a previous weekly period.

"Mysterious Russian soul"

Russian wounded soldier just cuts his throat with a knife with several attempts.

Drunken Russian soldier shot own comrade in blindage. I can't understand what was a reason of conflict. Man with rifle says something, then asks

- Shoot you, f...k? What do you laugh? Shoot you?

- Oh, bitch, fu..k you

*a shot and scream*

7 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

"Mysterious Russian soul"

Russian wounded soldier just cuts his throat with a knife with several attempts.

Drunken Russian soldier shot own comrade in blindage. I can't understand what was a reason of conflict. Man with rifle says something, then asks

- Shoot you, f...k? What do you laugh? Shoot you?

- Oh, bitch, fu..k you

*a shot and scream*

It gets back to the quality of the recruitment pool, or rather the lack there of. It isn't like the Russians are doing even a fifth of what a NATO military considers adequate training either. 

2 hours ago, Haiduk said:

Next Russian near company-sized armored attack attempt near Terny with the same result - most of armor remained on battlefield.

As desperately wrote one of Russian milblogger "I would ask a general ...., why he is killing 20th Army near Terny"

I don't know how is true this information, but allegedly after defeating of whole tank BTG attack of 6th tank regiment near Tonen'ke, personnel of Russian units refused to go in further attacks. Due to this Russian command was forced to reduce number of atatcks on this direction and start to totate units. 

Looks like the UA as figured out mines.

2 hours ago, Haiduk said:

Of course, for some people to be an active patriot of own country and to be ready to protect own lifestyle with a force this is "extremism" %) 

In most western countries there is clear distinction between nationalism and patriotism, and lack of common understanding of that fact in UA is one of main sources of disagreement between Western and Ukrainian concepts here. To claim there is nothing between nationalism and shapeless global consumer (or Russian puppet) is complete nonsense. Former  search for imagined artificial homogenity, and when it don't find it in reality, it sooner or later want to force it; this lead to persecution of "others" (it's only question of trigger really, not even concrete postulates). While historically normal patriotism is usually rather neutral from moral standpoint. It's different understanding when comes to political taboo in many former USSR states, just like with allowance of Nazi symbolics we talked here many times; here it is complete no-no, while in Eastern Europe it's cool joke worth to paint on tanks- even when half of world watches.

Worth to note Russia officially mix those concepts too; what they officially say and do is in fact often full, shauvinistic nationalism (+ in imperial form) while nobody use that term there, instead talking about being "patriotic" 24h a day. I think binary notions of russophile/nationalist has something to do with lack of development of civic societies in countries under long Kremlin rule, especially in USSR. Lack of middle and balanced way in thinking about how individual can belong to society.

1 hour ago, Maciej Zwolinski said:

There is no better use for far right elements than to draft them into the army and let them fight some other nation. They are supposed to like it.

When talking about real foreign extremists (not just guys far-right, but real Neo-nazi, neo-pagans and such) before 2022 we really talk about maybe several hundred people (maybe even less) in both Ukraine and LDPR. It seems that many of them wanted to travel to any war-torn country to live like their imagined uber-Vikings, with little political agenda in fact.

https://crestresearch.ac.uk/comment/extremist-foreign-fighters-in-ukraine/

I have personally little doubt that White T-Rex (Kapustin, creator of Russian Legion) and his folks in different circumstances could serve for Russians and murder Ukrainians now with pleasure, if it wasn't for Muscovite military to suck so much on organizational and esthetical level. Though his friends swear to God he changed and matured politically.

Edited by Beleg85