I know this may be an impossible or highly opinioned question but what the...............heck.

lcm1947

After a 12 year absent I purchased CMBN to get back into Battlefront.  That's beside the point but wanted to get that information out before my question.  

I decided to buy another game and thought I'd buy RT but then after realizing that half the fun of these games was switching out mods I thought I should 

see which of the games were more likely to provide the most fun to me as far as modding goes.  So any thoughts on which game that might be?  

1 hour ago, lcm1947 said:

So any thoughts on which game that might be?  

CMRT I think...even better if you get the Fire and Rubble Module

CMRT Finn Mod

CMRT Winter Mod (not needed if you get F&R module)

CMRT Romanian Mod

CMRT Barbarossa Mod

CMRT Stalingrad Mod

CMRT Ukrainian Mail Order Brides Mod

CMRT Warsaw Uprising Mod (F&R required)

Edited by kohlenklau

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I've no idea what "............." is. Also shouldn't "heck" be followed by "?"

Get with the program Spike. It was a dramatic pause where he might have said "what the f you see kay." But then just used "heck" instead---and on purpose without a <<?>>, as it was devoid of emotion and freedom, sterilized by the pressures of the PC cancel culture environment we tread water in on a daily basis. 😄

9 hours ago, lcm1947 said:

After a 12 year absent I purchased CMBN to get back into Battlefront.  That's beside the point but wanted to get that information out before my question.  

I decided to buy another game and thought I'd buy RT but then after realizing that half the fun of these games was switching out mods I thought I should 

see which of the games were more likely to provide the most fun to me as far as modding goes.  So any thoughts on which game that might be? 

It really depends what type of mods you're talking about?

CMBS (thanks, mostly, to Kieme) can be almost entirely modded (Vehicles, Infantry, buildings, UI, sounds, effects, weapons etc).

CMBN is, by far, the most complete WW2 game for weathered vehicle texture mods (all praise Aris).

CMSF2 is, by far, the most complete for different theatres & even eras (Afghanistan & SE Asia are heavily supported with many campaigns & scenarios).

CMFI is, probably, the most verstalie for creating mods (check out North Africa or Crete for examples).

CMRT, with F&R, is relatively new but may, in the end, even surpass CMFI for flexibility (as @kohlenklau is apply proving).

CMCW, undoubtedly, has a lot of modding potential... especially after future modules introduce things like snow & Infantry armed with with semi-auto, battle rifles (insurgents would be even better... but seems unlikely).

Edited by 37mm

3 hours ago, lcm1947 said:

You needn't worry your pretty little head then.  

Elizabeth hides behind her Whitehall Gazette as she creases up with laughter. Trying desperately to restrain herself from saying "That's the first time that his noddle has been called "pretty" since he left the crib". 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
8 minutes ago, lcm1947 said:

Well, it's only been 11 months since I started this topic and finally today purchased a game.  Cold War.  Pretty excited and yes sometimes I just go crazy 

and rush into things.  ☺️

Good luck!  Be sure to get some skills before tackling the bigger battles and campaigns.  Quick battles are great for learning.  QBattle meeting engagements are really good for beginner because you can usually put a whuppin' on the enemy.  It's good to have fun while building skills.  Youtube is your friend!

4 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Good luck!  Be sure to get some skills before tackling the bigger battles and campaigns.  Quick battles are great for learning.  QBattle meeting engagements are really good for beginner because you can usually put a whuppin' on the enemy.  It's good to have fun while building skills.  Youtube is your friend!

I was hoping for some advise so thank you.  I will follow your suggestions.  

1 minute ago, lcm1947 said:

I was hoping for some advise so thank you.  I will follow your suggestions.  

Once you play any scripted scenario you then know where the bad guys are, although some scenarios have multiple set ups that are randomly used for some variation.  Once you know where the bad guys are it takes away a lot of the surprise and mystery of the battle -- but it does make it easier to win the 2nd & 3rd times 😁

If you aren't winning your quick battles you can give yourself more points to buy units.  That's a fine thing to do while learning.  This game has been called 'difficult' but folks have mentioned a better term is 'realistic'.  If you use poor tactics the game will punish you, just like in real life.  If you get frustrated just ask folks on the forum or watch youtube videos to get help.

23 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Once you play any scripted scenario you then know where the bad guys are, although some scenarios have multiple set ups that are randomly used for some variation.  Once you know where the bad guys are it takes away a lot of the surprise and mystery of the battle -- but it does make it easier to win the 2nd & 3rd times 😁

If you aren't winning your quick battles you can give yourself more points to buy units.  That's a fine thing to do while learning.  This game has been called 'difficult' but folks have mentioned a better term is 'realistic'.  If you use poor tactics the game will punish you, just like in real life.  If you get frustrated just ask folks on the forum or watch youtube videos to get help.

Thanks again Danfrodo.  I never use bad tactic it's just the other side has better.  🥴  I just picked up on that allowing yourself greater resources the other day and it do help a lot but don't want to get too used to it.  😊