Identifying which mines my oppo has marked

On 1/2/2022 at 10:06 PM, rocketman said:

Maybe this has been the case all this time, but I have never noticed; I can see (yellow signs) which of my mines that my oppo has marked (PBEM). I thought all signs stayed red to preserve fog of war. Doesn't seem right to me. This was observed in FI.

I’ve never come across this. Like others mentioned it’s really rare get a chance to mark mines - and from both sides. 

I can see the rationale as a marked path would be clearly visible to anyone standing by them. Think tape etc etc. Assuming you mean you can see them remotely? Ie no units of yours by the mines he has cleared?

You can always see the mines you have placed, no matter if any friendly unit has LOS to it - and now it seems that this include the status of being marked. Not one of the biggest problems, but in scenarios with huge minefields you get intel on where the oppo intends to break through.

6 hours ago, rocketman said:

You can always see the mines you have placed, no matter if any friendly unit has LOS to it - and now it seems that this include the status of being marked. Not one of the biggest problems, but in scenarios with huge minefields you get intel on where the oppo intends to break through.

I recall similar issues with fences and hedges being demolished, also water in rivers showing where enemy units were moving.  Both players could see all those (IIRC regardless of actual LOS).  Were those fixed in a patch?

12 hours ago, Erwin said:

I recall similar issues with fences and hedges being demolished, also water in rivers showing where enemy units were moving.  Both players could see all those (IIRC regardless of actual LOS).  Were those fixed in a patch?

Those are terrain elements, and I think it has been said that, in effect, the engine architecture doesn't permit terrain to be hidden from one side. Other fortifications do have effects on the terrain of the map, when deployed (they're visible as deformations in the mesh, IIRC, at certain view levels), so minefields might have aspects that are hidden from one side or the other, but they're not as "unhideable" as a terrain feature is, obviously :) so it seems like there should be a way of showing different information to each side, unlike fences, hedges etc.