No PPHE Bulat

zmoney

2 hours ago, zmoney said:

Was wondering why the T64 BULAT doesn’t carry any PPHE like the Oplot? They use the same KBA3 gun, and same fire controls. Is it to simulate that those rounds are rare and saved for the best equipment?

Probably this is mistake. I never heard that Ukrainian tanks, even Oplot used PPHE ammunition. Just usual 3OF26 HE. Should be fixed.

Edited by Haiduk

Remember, CMBS was a 'near future' 2017 game. So assumptions were made. Assumptions that later turned out to be wrong, or based on scheduled programs that subsequently got canceled. or other similar happenstances. So its a bit of a 'time capsule' on what everyone was expecting back around 2015 or 16.

Not a problem for me, CM:BS did my head in when I first played it, now I just wish there was more of it, perhaps with a broader technological spread (including both older systems and more modern innovations) to give the game a bit more utility. 

The absence of MLRS, cluster munitions, DShKs & ZU-23-2s also needs addressing IMHO.

Oplot was being put up for sale to Thailand, I believe. In our speculative 'near future' 2017 conflict the assumption was Ukraine would hold back shipment and use the tanks for themselves. Its never been stated how many BM Oplots exist in the game universe. Perhaps its only a platoon's worth (unless there's a scenario that's got more than that).

Oh, and BTW, The end of October it was reported Ukraine shipped their last T-84 Oplot to the US.

With drivel like this doing the rounds (as of November this year), it's no surprise there's some confusion about the reality of the situation:

T-84U: The Tank Ukraine Would Use in a War with Russia

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2021/11/t-84u-the-tank-ukraine-would-use-in-a-war-with-russia/

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Another thing I noticed…. The Bulat can not frontally penetrate the T-90 with either ATGM or APFSDSDASSAS or whatever the acronym is while the Oplot can. I know it’s a fictional game but if both tanks use the same gun why not the same ammo??? The Bulat just became a lot less cool. 😔

1 hour ago, zmoney said:

Another thing I noticed…. The Bulat can not frontally penetrate the T-90 with either ATGM or APFSDSDASSAS or whatever the acronym is while the Oplot can. I know it’s a fictional game but if both tanks use the same gun why not the same ammo??? The Bulat just became a lot less cool. 😔

I'm not sure, but in the game Oplot can use either 3BM32 or hypothetical Ukrainan-developed 3BM44U ammunition, based on Polish "Pronit" APFSDS which really had specimen in 2000th, but never was launched in production. Bulat in the game uses 3BM42 Mango, T-64BV - 3BM22 Zakolka. As I can recall, some patch had to fix UKR tank ammunition, but I doubt

Edited by Haiduk

Sgt.Squarehead,

Speaking of older systems you'd like to see, did you know the Russians still have the venerable ZSU-23/4 in service? It's with the Russian Naval Infantry of the Baltic and Northern Fleets. No telling how many they may have in reserve for the Category C (lowest readiness) divisions, which are really more like skeletons, not combat units, until mobilized. With typical biting Russian humor, the CAtegory C units are colloquially referred to in the Red Army as "castrated."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZSU-23-4_Shilka

Regards,

John Kettler