Ukrainian Quad RPG-7!

John Kettler

4 hours ago, John Kettler said:

If this is a field expedient weapon system, then I'm impressed. Shall wait for Haiduk's lowdown on this nasty little item. Were it not for the selfie, wouldn't likely have ever learned of this multiple RPG-7 system.

Regards,

John Kettler

This procreation of gloomy genious of protracted position war is not serial specimen of weapon (though, it has own name, but I forgot what exactly). Just an invention of bored soldiers, known since 2017-2018. It found some followers in different brigades and these launchers are assembled by volunteers, but most of soldiers are skeptical about it, because this is  just a waste of ammunition.

Here the article about similar weapon in different countries (in Russian): https://topwar.ru/161715-rszo-iz-rpg-7-kak-pojavilis-i-zachem-ispolzujutsja.html

Edited by Haiduk

3 hours ago, Haiduk said:

This procreation of gloomy genious of protracted position war is not serial specimen of weapon (though, it has own name, but I forgot what exactly). Just an invention of bored soldiers, known since 2017-2018. It found some followers in different brigades and these launchers are assembled by volunteers, but most of soldiers are skeptical about it, because this is  just a waste of ammunition.

Here the article about similar weapon in different countries (in Russian): https://topwar.ru/161715-rszo-iz-rpg-7-kak-pojavilis-i-zachem-ispolzujutsja.html

Do you know if they fire all at once or in sequence?  Very interesting but I totally see your point about wasting ammunition.

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

The inserted rounds look very odd. I don't recognize them. I'm half convinced its a Vasilek 82mm mortar round strapped to an RPG rocket motor(?). Unless that's a repurposed HE round for the 73mm gun on the BMP-1. An expedient salvo mortar, it seems. 

Yeah they look like OG-9 grenades (for BMP-1 and SPG-9)