Official "Out of the Dust II" Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens when you fire a shell with a blast radius of 77m at a target 21m away?..

AH, so THAT is what that number stands for...I always wondered about that :D

OMG...Walker, you are now my sworn enemy...well while I'm doing my turns you are tongue.gif:D:D

Sorry to the rest of you guys...we are ALMOST finished Bricks and Mortar Forest. Only 2 turns to go so we should have it to Slysniper by the weekend smile.gif

Originally posted by slysniper:

MajorTum, have you figured out how to show a AAR at your site without going over your allowable Megs yet.

Maybe just post your text there and then link photos to that free site that so many use here.

Sorry for the delay, was back at base servcing my kit and sharpening my panzerfaust for round two. See I have a regular of mine gort! But am looking forward to the walker/dinga contest I ahve got 10 bucks on dinga!

OK - i have sent AAR to you. email will explain

But am looking forward to the walker/dinga contest I ahve got 10 bucks on dinga!

Major Tum, thanks for the vote of confidence :D but I have to admit that in most of our games Walker seems to get the better of me :mad: :confused: thought occassionally I do take him by surprise...I think I can count the number of his tanks I've killed over the past 4 years on one hand...oh, except for one game and Walker has a T-Shirt with a picture of ALL those DESTROYED Panthers plastered on the front of it to remind him of that game (a little Xmas present) ;)

But generally, he's the smarter player. I think it's because he's older, wiser and much more cunning, whereas I'm younger (well a little bit...only a couple of grey hairs at this stage), eager, and prone to sometimes making rash (stupid) decisions :D :cool:

One quick question...are the Allies supposed to receive a briefing in the "One Last Hurrah" map? Mine just goes straight into the setup

It's not a problem if we don't, I just want to make sure

You have been sent a corrected file, warning to everyone, Iwent too far before saving his file, so it was past the setup phase. Hopefully it is the only one but everyone should see their briefings and have a set up phase, even if some of you might not have much to do in that Phase (evil laugh) :D

[ November 30, 2006, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

Originally posted by slysniper:

Also, I am looking for sugestions on how to modify scenario B, the germans need a better chance to putting up a good fight, it played too one sided, it needs modified before I put it at the scenario depot. Just Email or comment here if you have thoughts about how I should do it.

I'm not sure if the timing of the Allies' reinforcements was random or hard-coded... but that infantry platoon had no time to get close enough to being a threat to any of the objectives (could've just been my poor playing of course...)

I'm not sure if the timing of the Allies' reinforcements was random or hard-coded... but that infantry platoon had no time to get close enough to being a threat to any of the objectives (could've just been my poor playing of course...)
My fault, this was a reserve unit, it is to be located in town, still it might not be needed with how the scenario is playing. But I forgot about it and did not get the marker in town. This battle needs some tweaking for sure.

Round one final scoring

Scenario A - Should have blown that Bridge

Germans vs Allies

74/26 Dinga 44___ vs___Major Tum

Dinga 3 points

70/30 JonnyEnglish __ vs __ Shell shocked

jonny 2 points

49/43 Crow Warrior___ vs ___Mikado

crow warrior & Mikado 1 point

27/63 Walker___ vs___ Bert

Bert 3 point (one point for being the weak side)

26/74 Gort___ vs___ Fiaros

fiaros 4 points (one point for being the weak side)

Scenario B - Unlucky Company B

Allies vs Germans

80/20 Walker ___ vs___ Fiaros

Walker 3 points

74/26 Dinga 44___ vs___ Mikado

Dinga 2 points

68/32 JonnyEnglish ___ vs ___ Major Tum

Jonny & Major Tum 1 point each

55/35 Gort___ vs___ Shell Shocked

Shell shocked 2 points

62/38 Crow Warrior___ vs___ Bert

Bert 3 points

Scenario C - Brick & Mortar forest

Germans vs Allies

87/13 Walker___ vs___ Major Tum

Walker 3 points

76/24 Dinga 44___ vs___ Fiaros

Dinga 2 points

50/42 Crow Warrior___ vs ___Shell Shocked

Crow warrior & Shell Shocked 1 point each

35/58 Gort___ vs ___ Mikado

Mikado 3 point (one point for being the weak side)

26/74 Jonny English ___ vs___ Bert

Bert 4 points (one point for being the weak side)

[ December 03, 2006, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

10 points Bert

7 points Dinga 44

6 points Walker

4 points Fiaros

4 point Mikado

3 points Jonny English

3 points Shell Shocked

2 point Crow Warrior

1 point Major Tum

scoreless Gort

The scoring looks fair at the Top, Bert has had two Best score results and a 2nd

Where as Dinga has had two 2nds and a First

Walker has 2 best scores also, but losing to Bert

has held him in check and also third place. Those with 3 or 4 points still sit in a nice position to make a second round charge.

[ December 03, 2006, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

Round Two matches also have upset scoring, keep in mind if you win your battle by better than your sides adv. and are the lower rated player you will receive this Bonus scoring

Scenario D - Bluecoat Surprise

Allies vs Germans

JonnyEnglish ___ vs ___ Mikado

0.5 point to Jonny

Bert___ vs___ Fiaros

3 points fiaros

Crow Warrior___ vs___Gort

1 point Gort

Walker___ vs___Dinga 44

0.5 point Walker

Major Tum___ vs ___Shell Shocked

1 point major Tum

Scenario E - One Last Hurrah

Allies vs Germans

Dinga 44___ vs ___ Crow Warrior

2.5 points to crow

Shell Shocked ___ vs___ Bert

3.5 points to Shell shocked

Walker___ vs___ JonnyEnglish

1.5 Points to Jonny

Fiaros___vs___ Mikado

no Bonus

Gort___ vs___ Major Tum

0.5 points to Gort

Scenario F - Eyes and Ears of Death

Germans vs Allies

Dinga 44___ vs___ Bert

1.5 pointsDinga

Fiaros___ vs___ Shell Shocked

0.5 points Shell shocked

Crow Warrior___ vs ___Major Tum

0.5 points Major Tum

Walker___ vs___ Mikado

1 point Mikado

Gort___ vs ___ JonnyEnglish

1.5 points to Gort

[ December 03, 2006, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

Fiaros, why do you prefer the Confederate Soldiers over the Union (Federal) Soldiers? Just curious.
As I have read about the battles, I just thought they were more couraged & "stuborn"(even though that's not always a good thing about a soldier), fighting for their own land.

Can you disagree that it needs more morale to face an enemy that has a continuing flow of new troops and (if I am not wrong) little better equipment, while you have limited troops and resources, in comparison with the industrial North?

Since the Union soldiers won the war I am sure they had the best political system and some people who they could "see far". It has been told that if the Southerns have won the war, the face of America would be very different, better.

I am just of the opinion that everything that happens is according to the plan of "Divine Economy" and has the ""agreement"" of God. But that doesn't mean that it is always virtued and noble in the eyes of God. Sophocles "Antigone" says the Law of men is different from the Law of (G)gods and Antigone choose to brake the Human Law represented by Kreon and follow the Law of (G)gods by burying her dead brother. So even if in the ears of today's people it is fair and justice for the poor North to fight and win the noble and wealthy/rich South, who had anachronistic ideas like surpressing the "blacks", from a different "anagnosis" it was the people that don't have, to steal from the people that have, but that's war isn't it?

In the Christian thought, by gathering wealth you deprive many others from even having the essentials to leave, which is a sin. However killing and stealing to take something that it "supposed to be" yours, is also a sin, something that more and more people seems to forget nowadays.

If you go with the "Law of God", you will realise that there is a large bulk of sins that people do constantly everyday, which makes gathering wealth a small fault. And the "Law of men" can be changed everytime... Don't forget there were (and are) entire political systems that are funded in ylistic (and atheistic) ideas.

Forget my passion about the Word of God. I am just a theologist.