Official "Out of the Dust II" Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Neil aka Major Tum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by slysniper:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Tum is anxious to see the results of the wipping that he handed me

He will not be happy then, out of three reported games he has the lowest score so far, I cannot give anything more out </font>

For those of you still playing, please report all games that I am still waiting for to this address

brent.fox@tetratech.com, you will also need to send the score or a photo of the final score, I will not be able to open game files from here and will need other ways to verify game scores, but if both players report then that is all that is needed.

I am trying to relocate and I have a new job so for a while I am without the computers with the games on them.

Originally posted by slysniper:

For those of you still playing, please report all games that I am still waiting for to this address

brent.fox@tetratech.com, you will also need to send the score or a photo of the final score, I will not be able to open game files from here and will need other ways to verify game scores, but if both players report then that is all that is needed.

I am trying to relocate and I have a new job so for a while I am without the computers with the games on them.

Sly, are we waiting on 5 games?

Sly, are we waiting on 5 games?

Look on page 10 - I listed which have been reported and which are still outstanding games,

there is still 7 games out and I will remind you to report them to the email address I have posted, with the scores attached since i cannot open the game from my present site.

Still playing all three games. All games are around turn 25.

Haven't received a mail from Dinga for about a week, but I know it is holiday time for him in Australia, so I expect that he is at the beach or something ! :cool:

The other two are progressing in a good tempo. Surprises me that almost everyone else has already finished his games. I did lose some time with the Fiaros game and we had some e-mail receiving trouble, but I wasn't aware that it cost so much time compared to the other games.

Dinga asked me to post this:

"I’m going to resend the file to Bert (again). This will be the third time I’ve sent it since last week. If you get a chance can you post on the forum for me that my email is working, but explorer isn’t. Also state that I have sent the file twice since last Saturday with no reply and I am sending it again."

End quote.

On the positive side, Dinga and I finished Bluecoat Surprise. Great scenario!

[ February 18, 2007, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Walker ]

My web browser is back up and running after reformatting my computer smile.gif

Bert, I did my next move last night...let me know if you don't receive it either through the forum, or by email. Also, if you don't receive a file from me within one or two days post on the forum or send me an email :D

Bert, got that file but I'd already received it and sent the next file back (turn 66). I sent it again (turn 66) this morning after I received your email with turn 65, and also forwarded it to Walker for him to send it. If you don't recevie it, let me know. We may have to try something different if that doesn't work smile.gif

Hopefully we can get this working smile.gif

Originally posted by slysniper:

Two more games in, only five to go.

It appears Bert is going to receive our slow player award but at least he is trying ;)

Thanks Sly for the great organisation and scenarios, another great success! Cant wait until 'Outta the Duzt III' cheers mate.

Ya Bert needs some points de-ducted or somfink ;)

OK, I admit guilt in the sense that I'm involved in too many games right now (luckily Sly is otherwise engaged at the moment, so that game is on hold), which cost a lot of time and that my personal, real life is very hectic and busy at the moment, BUT the fact that my games aren't finished is not entirely due to these facts....

Short update:

scenario D (great one ! Lot of fun. Don't know if Stephen has the same opinion): turn 27 (from 35)

Scenario E (if this was chess, maybe I would get a draw, because almost nothing of my forces is still able to move, but I fear the score will be different): turn 29 (of 30).

Scenario F (very unfair: Dinga just got some reinforcements; like he did need any ! I have to suffer this one a few turns more.): turn 22 (from 30).

Scenario F -very unfair
Believe me guys, that was not the goal in this one, I think it just has some timing issues to be resolved. I will be putting out a corrected version with a shorter overall time and different arrival times for both sides reinforcements. Feel free to let me know your thoughts on timing changes for this. I wanted it to come to a close with both sides still struggling to control the village, I did not play test it well enough, might have something to do with the fact I was making these quickly to get them out to you all.

This is a Gem in the rough, thats all.

The other two are playing pretty balenced, which is a good thing. Just imagine if I had planned to host this tournament, with time I might have messed all the scenarios up.

From the results and What i have heard from you all, 4 of the 6 scenarios are very good playing quility and the other two hopefully have been interesting and I can & have worked on balencing them for any future players once this is done.

Don't worry about me sleeping...

Perhaps I played it wrong or perhaps Dinga played/plays it better then the other axis players. Or a combination of the two. Or I was unlucky in a couple of situations or Dinga got lucky or, or, or...

One thing I learned in this game is that a Greyhound isn't very well suited for a gunfight with an AT gun. The blast of the 37mm gun is just to small..

Perhaps I played it wrong or perhaps Dinga played/plays it better then the other axis players. Or a combination of the two. Or I was unlucky in a couple of situations or Dinga got lucky or, or, or...

One thing I learned in this game is that a Greyhound isn't very well suited for a gunfight with an AT gun. The blast of the 37mm gun is just to small..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ouch, that confirms what is happening in this battle. it is a hard way to learn a lession, also.