Official "Out of the Dust II" Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by fiaros:

Neil, can you show me how to draw pictures from the game and then operate them via the Photoshop program, in order to send them for publishing in the site?

It is the "Print Scrn" function, right?

And after, what should I do?

Yep, print screen, then I just paste it into the 'paint' programme and save as a bmp - you can then draw arrows of advances etc or mark key points

Its probably a lot of work so I am just doing it for one scenario - one pic every 5 turns or so. Should build up, with some comentary into a nice AAR

Originally posted by Walker:

Wouldn't saving as a .jpg file be better? Ten times smaller file sizes, almost identical image quality? .bmp image files are huge!

Yep, its just that the paint thingy saves as bmp - but .jpg are fine.

You probably want to take a screenshot of our game now, before I totally destroy you - (funny how you are german and defend again eh?)

Its probably a lot of work so I am just doing it for one scenario - one pic every 5 turns or so. Should build up, with some comentary into a nice AAR
I just want to highlight some moments of the action that I think they are both of war and artistic interest

Originally posted by SHELLSHOCKEDSYE:

Sly, is there points for keeping the enemy "captured" alive...shall i move them to a safe place (which would be my wish) or continue to flame and cause death?

SSS?????

Captured soldiers are worth more points than enemy casualties. Move them off away from the battle zone as soon as possible. If you can move them off a map edge without risking losing them, do so.

Sly, is there points for keeping the enemy "captured" alive...shall i move them to a safe place (which would be my wish) or continue to flame and cause death?

Captured soldiers are worth more points than enemy casualties. Move them off away from the battle zone as soon as possible. If you can move them off a map edge without risking losing them, do so

That is correct. keep them alive and captured and your value for them increases, if you move them off a friendly edge, they increase in value even more.

Do not let them get close to their friendly troops or they might excape.

If any of you would like to make comments on the scenarios, feel free to email me. Last time some of you did and I adjusted them because of some points that were brought up before I posted them for general use. I will putting these at the scenario depot once the round is complete.So your imput is appriciated. smile.gif