Opening BRZ files on a Mac

dragonwynn

31 minutes ago, dragonwynn said:

Where do you locate RezExplode on a iMac

Good to see you back dude!  :)

We have a thing that may be of interest:

Your ideas for a Korean campaign were always in mind as we developed this.....Give @37mm a shout, I'm sure he'd be glad to hear from you.  B)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Thanks Sgt. Squarehead good to hear from you guys. It has been awhile. Glad you got some use out of my Korean campaign project. I lost most of it when my pc went whacky, idiot here didn't backup properly and just didn't have the fortitude to go back and redo it again. The H&E project you guys are working on looks great I have been following it on the threads.

5 minutes ago, dragonwynn said:

It sucks not being able to open brz files on a Mac though. Really puts a dent in what I was wanting to do.

Is the issue simply that you cant use rez-explode.....If so, I like blowing things up!  ;)

Just let me know what needs exploding (& I'll stick the files in a private location for you to download).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

3 hours ago, dragonwynn said:

Where do you locate RezExplode on a iMac

There are tools, not at my Mac at the moment to send you a link but ...

16 minutes ago, Kevin2k said:

This listing seems to have brz tools for multiple platforms: Windows, Linux and Macintosh:

https://modtools.roszkowski.org/https://modtools.roszkowski.org/

These are them, but the link is a bit borked should be https://modtools.roszkowski.org/ or click here

Latest is 1.3.2 they are a bit command-liney but easy enough to use with the instructions.

21 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

The easiest is probably parallels: https://www.parallels.com/

Since you only need it for a short time you can probably milk that out of the trial version.

Otherwise as Redwolf says you can use the PC version under emulation, Parallels, VMWare, Oracle VM VirtualBox or Wine will to the trick, last two for free I believe.

Had always meant to make an Applescripty type of app to make life a little better, but as Redwolf pointed out you only need to do this once so long as you keep the exploded files safely somewhere. In fact the game will run off of exploded folders quite happily.

4 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Otherwise as Redwolf says you can use the PC version under emulation, Parallels, VMWare, Oracle VM VirtualBox or Wine will to the trick, last two for free I believe.

Wine on Mac will only run 64 bit windows executables since 32 bit support for mac executables has been removed from OSX :(

Since CMx2 on Windows is 32 bit I bet the rez tool is, too.

5 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

Wine on Mac will only run 64 bit windows executables since 32 bit support for mac executables has been removed from OSX :(

Since CMx2 on Windows is 32 bit I bet the rez tool is, too.

I haven't tried it for quite a while, but this might explain why the last couple of times I tried to use Wine For other stuff, I had no success, I guess I should RTFM. Then again I am running on a slightly older OS - sadly always have to for compatibility sake with older software. So we should have a caveat, if one's OS still supports 32-bit one might be able to run RezExplode for PC in a Wine bottle. YMMV.😉