*UPDATED* Team Yankee's First Battle Scenario

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

Please do make scenarios for all of the battles!  This one was fun, though a slaughter.  The book was great and it would be awesome if someone did a campaign of all of Team Yankee's battles. 

Thanks for this one!

I would absolutely play a Team Yankee campaign

6 hours ago, Mastiff said:

I do believe in that scenario there should of been Bradley's?

yes the poor soviets didn't stand a chance once I figured out how to get hem hull down on the hills.

Which, the first scenario?  Captain Bannon had no Bradleys at any time in the book.  His Mech Platoon was always in M113s.  Maybe at one point near the end there was a platoon of Bradley's helping them out or maybe Bannon was just talking about them?  I can't remember, but I do know that Team Yankee itself never had Bradleys.

3 hours ago, Combatintman said:

For me the Hill 214 battles and keeping enough of Team Yankee alive make this a shaky CM campaign prospect.

True.  I've never made a scenario or designed a campaign so I have no idea what it would entail. It does seem a lot of things came down to luck in the book.  I do think it could still be fun.  I think of Bannon and Garger's run through the Soviet occupied town after the battle on Hill 214 and yeah, that would be difficult to realistically survive but it sure was entertaining!  And what did the Mech Platoon face in that battle, like a whole company? Or wasn't it even more? You're probably right.

Edited by Phantom Captain

On 7/29/2021 at 7:38 PM, Phantom Captain said:

True.  I've never made a scenario or designed a campaign so I have no idea what it would entail. It does seem a lot of things came down to luck in the book.  I do think it could still be fun.  I think of Bannon and Garger's run through the Soviet occupied town after the battle on Hill 214 and yeah, that would be difficult to realistically survive but it sure was entertaining!  And what did the Mech Platoon face in that battle, like a whole company? Or wasn't it even more? You're probably right.

Hi everyone.....thought I'd do an update. I am working on a campaign. The first three scenarios ("First Battle", "If You're Gonna Come...", and "Counter Attack at Objective LOG") are complete and I think they do a good job of giving a "Team Yankee" feel. Currently working on the map for scenario four, "The Defense of Hill 214".

One thing about the book is that Team Yankee is almost always in an advantageous position OR has better equipment. That is certainly true for the first two scenarios. The run through the town is a case in point...the Soviets by that time are totally depleted, their tanks have been destroyed, and the motor rifle battalion they are facing is from the reserve so they have BTR's instead of BMP's. Team Yankee in the book ALWAYS has luck on its side. 

8 hours ago, czarejs said:

Hi everyone.....thought I'd do an update. I am working on a campaign. The first three scenarios ("First Battle", "If You're Gonna Come...", and "Counter Attack at Objective LOG") are complete and I think they do a good job of giving a "Team Yankee" feel. Currently working on the map for scenario four, "The Defense of Hill 214".

One thing about the book is that Team Yankee is almost always in an advantageous position OR has better equipment. That is certainly true for the first two scenarios. The run through the town is a case in point...the Soviets by that time are totally depleted, their tanks have been destroyed, and the motor rifle battalion they are facing is from the reserve so they have BTR's instead of BMP's. Team Yankee in the book ALWAYS has luck on its side. 

The best armor in existence doesn't belong to the T64 or the M1, it's plot armor. 

H

20 hours ago, czarejs said:

Haha!!  This is awesome!  Super excited to try these out!

And yep, totally agree on the LUCK thing.  Bannon had it in spades to be sure.

I was impressed how much your first map was the sketch in the book, like exactly!  Really looking forward to the rest, and thanks for doing it.

Edited by Phantom Captain

21 hours ago, czarejs said:

I am working on a campaign. The first three scenarios ("First Battle", "If You're Gonna Come...", and "Counter Attack at Objective LOG") are complete and I think they do a good job of giving a "Team Yankee" feel. Currently working on the map for scenario four, "The Defense of Hill 214".

Always nice to see new scenarios & campaigns. 

• 1 year later...