Berlin CMRT Map

5 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

I´d placed this 2 part germanized T-34 and Opel truck flavor object on one my test maps and now can´t get rid of it again.

Hhahahahaha LMAO - I got stung by that one as well - absolutely the most frustrating 🤬 - I just ended up deleting it from my Z folder in the end or replacing with something else, can't remember which though.

6 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:
14 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

I´d placed this 2 part germanized T-34 and Opel truck flavor object on one my test maps and now can´t get rid of it again.

Me 2...lol LS Works great now looks ok in all lighting settings....TY

4 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Another nice variations as well. 😎 Hard to tell which I´d like the most, but as said also bits of depend on missions terrain and weather/ground setting I think. Will see. 🙂

Thanks Harry. They'll all be optional, just swap in and out prefferd - I'm doing five textures in all, should be plenty then for all tastes - excepting maybe the graffitied versions 

if3DW0L.jpg

🌸✌️🌸🌼

2 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Thanks Harry. They'll all be optional, just swap in and out prefferd - I'm doing five textures in all, should be plenty then for all tastes - excepting maybe the graffitied versions 

if3DW0L.jpg

🌸✌️🌸🌼

lol 😅 Why not. Consider CMCW or CMSF2 anything europe. Perfect mod for the many westwall teeth still standing today. 😬

2 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

quick google pic search revealed they´re at least built in the netherlands part of AW. Otherwise more of the beach obstacle stuff I guess.

Excellent i've got loads of British Beach maps for d-day...

7 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Finally got around to downloading the Berlin mod. It does look good. But I will be editing out many of the civilian cars. The amount might be in keeping with 1939, but not 1945.

or got to look more like this.

Damaged_Volkswagen_at_Reichskanzlei_Berl

just found these by chance. 😎 Couple of Berlin 45 related stuff further down the page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/82596826@N03/with/16709341822/

Edited by RockinHarry

5 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Finally got around to downloading the Berlin mod. It does look good. But I will be editing out many of the civilian cars. The amount might be in keeping with 1939, but not 1945.

Glad you like bud... I used them to pack the streets out with clutter but know what you mean. Cheers

6 minutes ago, NPye said:

Glad you like bud... I used them to pack the streets out with clutter but know what you mean. Cheers

Yeah, I think overall the way you have littered the streets with debris and knocked out vehicles looks great. I certainly won't be editing it much more than the private cars.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

1 minute ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Yeah, I think overall the way you have littered the streets with debris and knocked out vehicles looks great. I certainly won't be editing it much more than the private cars.

I know most civi cars would never get petrol rations, it's like the Swastikas, you would have to be a fool to garnish that flag from your building during the soviet advance for obvious reasons...but they add to the game IMHO and they also give the map a little bit of a landmark??? Cheers

3 hours ago, NPye said:

Hey i've found a free version of a Loco made in blender.

1bAgMk.png

1bArax.png

Anyone fancy getting the bmps to me and i'll texturize them???????? I have no clue sadly...

What do you need Nigel? Have you got a link to it? Ohh scratch that second part I can see the link in the first image. So just the first question ... nice find by the way.

6 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

What do you need Nigel?

Morning, Can this be exported as an .MDR file then the BMP files like the main body and then the wheels etc, basically like the tanks we adapt, I use the original BMPs then overlay new textures on them, or can this be exported as is and used in game???? Maybe use a vehicle like that bloke made the Patrol boat so it could actually move??? Imagine everyone's faces when an AI Train casually buzzes by....lol

7 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Oh alright then, we'll do a special just for the CMCW folk later. And yes they (teeth) seem remarkably resilient.

😅 ...think post war demolition of remaining westwall structures was limited to mostly single pillboxes IIRC. During my tours in the 1990ies I found many their locations indicated just by small pieces of concrete in the middle of forests or on pastures.

Removing all the teeth would´ve been too expensive and in the meantime lots of the remains were declared archaeological monuments sort of. So AFAIK great majority is still there and likely remains this way for couple more decades or even centuries I guess.

Another idea for fortification type modding. I always found the sandbag walls fairly useless, both by nature and the way they´re beeing placed and rotated. Maybe one can make something better of them since they are among the types that do actually provide some (known) cover.

From GM:

Sandbag Wall
"Sandbag walls are makeshift defensive fortifications to provide fair cover against enemy fire. Sandbag walls offer limited protection for both infantry and vehicles positioned behind them."

From my past fiddling with CM objects META data I figured it must contain stuff that sets the objects placement and rotation behavior in 3D map editor. So I think any modding the sandbag walls should preserve original META data to avoid serious ingame issues. At least as long as it´s not clear what all the META does in particular. Haven´t made my mind on particular sandbag wall replacement possibilities, so any ideas welcomed. 😎

Edited by RockinHarry

8 hours ago, NPye said:

Morning, Can this be exported as an .MDR file then the BMP files like the main body and then the wheels etc, basically like the tanks we adapt, I use the original BMPs then overlay new textures on them, or can this be exported as is and used in game???? Maybe use a vehicle like that bloke made the Patrol boat so it could actually move??? Imagine everyone's faces when an AI Train casually buzzes by....lol

I'll download it and take a look. Although the author says it's low poly there's low poly then there's Combat Mission low poly, so don't hold your breath. I can try various things like a Blender decimate modifier to simplify it a bit.

I'm not at all familiar with making stuff move, there are lots of gotchas, I've only ever modded one vehicle so my memory of what needs to be done is pretty sparse. @JM Stuff might be able to help on that front.

Let's get it into Blender first, get the textures out for you to mod and get it working as a flavour object, take it from there.

13 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I'll download it and take a look. Although the author says it's low poly there's low poly then there's Combat Mission low poly, so don't hold your breath. I can try various things like a Blender decimate modifier to simplify it a bit.

I'm not at all familiar with making stuff move, there are lots of gotchas, I've only ever modded one vehicle so my memory of what needs to be done is pretty sparse. @JM Stuff might be able to help on that front.

Let's get it into Blender first, get the textures out for you to mod and get it working as a flavour object, take it from there.

Awesome dude. TY again

7 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

So AFAIK great majority is still there and likely remains this way for couple more decades or even centuries I guess.

Think how well a lot of the Roman concrete structures have lasted ... At least if France decided to invade you've already got half the wall built! 😉

7 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Another idea for fortification type modding. I always found the sandbag walls fairly useless, both by nature and the way they´re beeing placed and rotated. Maybe one can make something better of them since they are among the types that do actually provide some (known) cover.

Another case for low bocage ... easy to lay down in the editor, provides cover and concealment - would always be visible on map though, so no chance of hiding one's positions from the opposition ... OK yes I admit it I'm bocage obsessed 😁

@kohlenklau did some work on the sandbag positions for his North Afrika mod set, he probably has some insight as to what might be possible.

I think overall that defensive works haven't received much in the way of attention since CMBN was released, kinda the poor cousins of CM - could really do with an overhaul, especially considering how important they were in late war to the Axis forces. Also, what do they do in CMCW for prepared positions, thinking of highly camouflaged bunkers and the like? What was the bunker bug that you mentioned previously?