french:Char bis

Italian: M13\40

japanese: Chi ha

New Zealand : Armoured Sheep

------------------

AUCK

New Zealand

Superpower waiting to happen

You see this kiwi was showing his aussie mate around his farm. Upon discovering a sheep with its head stuck in the fence, the kiwi, forgetting his mate pulls down his pants and begins to have his dastardly way with the sheep. Upon finishing with the sheep his mate the aussie says ' Crap I'll have some of that!' Proceeds to pull his pants down, and the jams his head into the fence.

Huzza another blow for NZ smile.gif

I want that member rank dammit!

Guest MantaRay

Berlichtingen wrote:

<<New Zealand : Armoured Sheep

Sheeps need protection in New Zealand?>>

Sheep is both singular and plural, hehe j/k

My question is do the women need protection also? Or do you Kiwis just plain prefer the sheep anyway? smile.gif

Ray

------------------

Guest Offwhite

Russian: T-34/76 (til those Panthers show up)

German: Jagdpanther

US: M-10 (still not quite sure why)

Brit: Firefly

French: Panther (okay, okay, so it was after the war)

Hey Berlichtingen - you've got a strange sense of esthetics if you rule out all American tanks on the basis of ugliness, yet prefer the Matilda! smile.gif Eye of the beholder, I guess.

American-- If I had to choose one it would be the.......Pershing

German--Tiger

Brit----Comet

Russian-----T34/85

Infantry weapons

Rifle----Lee Enfield

LMG-----Bren

HMG-----MG 42

SMG----MP 40

Assualt Rifle---MP 44

AT weapon---Panzersheck

Artillery

field gun---25 pdr

Rocket launcher--nebelwerfer

Cant think of anymore....

Guest scurlock

American: M18. I can't wait to this thing on a board where it can effectively do what it was desighned to do: hit and run! And it's not ugly in my book. It's a cool mean looking machine.

British: None. Scarcely a thing they produced wasn't obsolete or outclassed before the ink was dried on the blueprints. The Matilda II was almost contemporary when it was produed, but it's small gun made it an oxymoron. An Infatry Tank with no HE to fire at the infatry? LOL. The COMET was a good gun on an obsolete chasis design, etc, etc, etc...

German: The Tiger I. Speaks for itself.

Russian: The T34. Revolutionized tank design. Yes it was overrated, with what other countries consider combat nessecites missing - such as a turret basket, but it did create quite a stir. Wouldn't want to be in a T34/85 though. Turret Ring too small for that gun.

French: None. There stuff looked great on paper, and actualy gave Rommel quite a scare on at least one occasion, but suffered from poor crew considerations in the designs.

Italian: None: Perhaps the first tanks to be refered to by their crews as mobile coffins. Gag!

I'm basing my intelligence on the realistic wargame Close Combat I'm sure some of you have heard of it.

US - Stuart. It's cheap it's fast and it knocks out German Panthers more often than not.

German - Wurfrahmen. They're simply the greatest German achievement of WW2. They can take out just about anything that doesn't fly. I know it's not a Panzer but who needs them anyway.

UK - Crocs. They got enough fuel to keep Norway running for a year, at least.

USSR - JSU152? (was it?). They're about as powerful as the Wurfs but way better armored.

[This message has been edited by howardb (edited 01-17-2000).]

US: another vote for the Stuart (goes back to my comic book days of the J.E.B.Stuart series) smile.gif

Ger:i know its not a tank but i've always liked the StuG, low slung, mean looking - reminds me of a repitilian dinosaur.

Brit: well its a close vote between the churchill just big slow and ugly - but hey someone has to like it, OR the Universal carrier...man i'd like to OWN one!

Russ: all i remember is PanzerBlitz days...big ugly fast powerful and i couldn't tell the difference!

but thanks for asking HB

US:

The T10 Mine Exploder (only 1 built). This was an M4A2 with a reverse tricycle undercarriage consisting of 8' diameter, 3' wide, multi-disc mine rollers, instead of tracks. It was 13' 1" high, 12' 9" wide, and 28' 3" long (the rear roller assembly stuck out behind), and weighed 124,400 pounds in total.

German:

The Jpz38 Hetzer, one of the few AFVs to ever really live up to its name smile.gif

Ruskie:

The T-35-1 with 5, count 'em, FIVE turrets smile.gif

Brit:

Gotta love the Churchill

French:

The Char 2C(75)--too bad they got bombed before they got into action frown.gif

Italian:

The Semovente 90/53, pretty much equivalent to the Nashorn.

Japanese:

CHI-RI type 5, rather Pantheresque, but only 5 built frown.gif

-Bullethead

Favorite WWII Tanks:

M10 TD

M18 TD

M36 TD

M18/36 Super Hellcat (a prototype)

Gotta love the unsung, unheralded, supressed

from most histories, doing the David vs Goliath thing, low, well armed, little armour, and fast, and posessing the coolest patch ever produced, and earning a comment

in H. M. Coles history of the Battle of the Bulge that the AARs for the skirmishes in the conflict over and over show TDs showing up and changing the course of battle.

Kevin Christensen

Lawrence, KS

Guest scurlock
Originally posted by howardb:

I'm basing my intelligence on the realistic wargame Close Combat I'm sure some of you have heard of it.

US - Stuart. It's cheap it's fast and it knocks out German Panthers more often than not.

Oh Gawed eek.gif is CC that bad? rolleyes.gif

$5 to the first person who can provide me a CM (gold version) movie where a Stuart takes out a Panther under the following surcumstances: A board size of at least two by one square Kilometers, and a manning and equipment advantage on the Allied side of no more than 3 to 1. Also, only one in ten Allied medium tanks can have a 17lb gun, one in 10 a 90m gun, and only one in five a 76mm gun. No squeaze bore Stuarts allowed. The Allies also have to be on the offensive, not a meeting engagement. It'll be worth the $5 to see how you got one of those tin cans to take out the Panther. biggrin.gif

P.S. Not trying to cut you down here wink.gif , just try this in CM and youll get a real reality check. Never played CC but really...

------------------

Eric Scurlock

"He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins."