Issue Waffen SS Helmets

Hey Everyone.

I hope you are all keeping well. In my RT-FR, and in another combat mission game I have, the Waffen SS helmet netting looks funny, like it is a glitch. It looks different from the German Army helmet wiring. Does anyone else have this same issue? At first I thought it was glitching due to map size etc, but the more I test, the more I realize it is a more pervasive issue. Does anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this? 

Thanks, 

Almac. 

@MikeyD

Looking at folder v210e...I see that the bmp and the normal map bmp for the culprit helmet mentioned above is not aligned like all the others. Just a little toggle in its position might cause some distortion on the uv map...right?

smod_german_ss_helmet-soldier 2 [snow]

smod_german_ss_helmet-soldier 2_normal map [snow]

Hey Mark! What is happening man! Yeah so it isn't the sides that caught my attention. It is the front. It looks cool from the sides. I just added the side photos to round things off. I'm not using any mods, it is just the base game, nothing fancy. What do you guys think? 

image.png.097c29b35c2366e070ce43dd8d1e28a7.png

Hey Kohlenklau,

I apologize, I missed thanking you for sending the drop box link and the images above. Thanks for helping me out.

Those look really cool. I dig the bottom one. It has that worn in rough look, that makes a lot of the CM vehicles and equipment look so cool. 

I appreciate your insight. 

All is cool. I have been farting around in Blender recently so this particular issue caught my eye. That helmet you like was a mod by npye and was for his Stalingrad mod. I will gather up those helmets he did and make a new dropbox link to put here in your thread. 

Here is a dropbox link to the previous fix offered for the SS snow helmet with distortion. But I couldn't find a good chicken wire helmet to replace the really ugly non-snow chicken wire helmet discussed above. Somebody will create one or has created one. Also here in this download are the old npye Stalingrad mod helmets filenamed as they are (not for SS at that time) . Some are old 1942 era with decals on both sides. Delete what you don't want. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3y6u2jnswpdktkn/AAAQ1WKZxM3EaA1sYsKQer9Ca?dl=0

At least you know it wasn't your graphics card!

Edited by kohlenklau

Of all the helmets for the various countries in CM WW2 games, I think only the German one is divided down the middle like a clam shell. <<Reminds me of a Springsteen song "Someone took a knife baby edgy and dull and cut a 6 inch valley through the middle of my skull"...>> This is because the decals on either side are then in a very controllable location on the uv map. Other countries that have emblems up in the front like the US and Italy have the seam in the back of the helmet vertically but with a little Jewish beanie (yamakuh?) circular area separate. The location of the insignia on the forehead is thus again in a nice area on the uv map. I used to look at these bmp texture files and wonder why they were the way they were? But once you dork around with blender it makes a lot more sense.