The Radzy Award Team Game (Ger team look away!)

Artkin

Hello Comrades,

The Guards are looking for subordinate battalion commanders to step up and command their formations in an attempt to seize the small town of Radzymin before the Wehrmacht forces commanded by @Probus do.

This thread will serve as our public plan! Please no Fascists!

(Click full resolution if on website)

rad-full2-alt2.png

Our forces will be about a regiment in size. Roughly 15,000 QB points (+- ~1k) @ regular veterancy, high moral, and 0 leadership.

We will start on the north flag @ A5. German start E4.

We are allowed to move 1 tile per strategic turn. Only horizontal and vertical movement. No diagonal.

The front line will be shown to both teams, marked with the appropriate color. Units will be moved but kept private to the teams and their threads.

Max formation per small tile: (1 infantry battalion) + (ANY non infantry battalion formations).

Max formation per big tile: (1 infantry battalion) + (ANY non infantry battalion formations) + (1 infantry battalion @ 25 minute reinforcement) = (2 infantry battalions + ANY other non infantry battalion formations)

"non infantry battalion" means not a battalion of infantry that contains hundreds of laggy troops. You can still fight alongside full strength pioneer companies or full strength tank battalions. Just limiting infantry here.

@Probus will move his formations around (the battalions) and he will post about it on his thread. I will move my formations and post about them here. We will not tell each other where we move our units specifically. That is why we have the front line publicly posted. We will send each other our orders in an encrypted file, and when we both have our files we will give each other the password. This way we each see our movements at the same time. Still, we won't discuss contents of troops. Just movements and changes to the front line.

If it is a meeting engagement, we will have 40 meters (5 tiles/action zones) off the edge of the map from where we are attacking from. This will be along the entire side of our map.

If defense, the defender will have half the map to keep things simple. the attacker will have 5 tiles again.

You can attack tiles from multiple tiles at once. If a formation is totally surrounded (unlikely) we will negotiate the setup zones.

In every instance each side is allowed three to five single tile exit zones on the side of the map they had came from. So attackers can retreat and take losses during. Defenders will have to rout. Surrounded troops will not be given exit zones and will rather have to break out.

Artillery that is non "on map" will be plotted on the map for that turn. The artillery can only be used in that grid. If there is no battle, then you don't use the artillery. If there is, then you CAN use it. This limits the insane amount of artillery that both doctrines can call for.

The plan is to have control of Radzymin after 12 strategic turns or force a surrender through total destruction of the enemy forces. Each turn is 6 to 8 hours long, so we will have night fights. We also will think of incorporating some cheesy weather conditions with dicerolls or similar.

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE, BUT MOST THINGS WILL NOT BE CHANGED.

IF YOU ARE ON THE GERMAN TEAM PLZ LOOK AWAY NOW! :)

I'M STILL ASKING COMMANDERS TO STEP FORWARD, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PLAY A PBEM AS NORMAL. I WILL HANDLE LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE!

Okay our plan is looking something like this...

PHASE 1:

Plan-overall.png

2nd Guards Rifle Brigade bn 1 will secure zones B3-B5. Bn 2 will secure c3-c5. The rest of the brigade will be spread throughout the troops. They are armed with the best kit. Including these which I expect to perform very well

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-03-13-21-03-23-48.pn

3rd Guards Tank Brigade will rush the city of Radzymin on two flanks. Our plan still has to be devised but it will be full of fast bounding with tanks full of riders dividing the city into three.

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-03-13-21-01-25-38.pn

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-03-13-21-02-38-94.pn

The 1496th SU Regiment will support our defensive line, providing our antitank guns with anti infantry power. They can also make good bait for panthers while something more important engages it ;)

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-03-13-21-55-38-70.pn

The 1436th SU Regiment will be divided between Radzy and defending close by at B3. If all goes well in the city they are in a position to push south. If not, they are in a position to counterattack. They will serve as my mobile defensive antitank solution.

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-03-13-21-53-43-64.pn

My 749th and 165th Anti-tank Battalions will form my backbone defensive line. These guns will overwhelm approaching armor and will be in ambush positions... I want to engage every tank within 500m. Any further and I will waste ALL of my ammo. Only the 85mm guns can effectively kill to around 900m. Even then the only penetrations I've seen have been the lower plate. Tigers are straight up impenetrable. That would be an issue for sure.

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-03-13-22-02-59-30.pn

My 14th Guards Heavy Tank Regiment will be pushed alongside 2nd Guards Rifle Brigade, as they would have done in real life. Considering all of these tanks have the new D-25T gun, every round that lands in a decent spot should be a kill. Not even King Tigers are safe. I always though IS-2's were trash (they still are, just to a lesser extent with the better gun) but they can actually penetrate King Tigers within around 1km I believe. These tanks are going to be used to smash through Probus' lines, and race to encircle his forces.

I have access to off map artillery. This is my 1/266 Mortar Regiment and my 324th Heavy Mortar Battalion which is long for Katyusha. These can be placed on one tile each for the turn, and if we have a fight there I have access to whatever I plotted there. I will probably use these to smash any urban locations in front of my IS-2's that I expect him to try and defend. Seems like a waste to use them on Radzy round after round. Especially with the crazy call in times.

People were talking smack about the 85mm 52K's and although they act funny, they can still pack a punch. Especially their HE rounds. I've lost full squads of 11 men to single rounds. Sometimes they straight up derp out. Their spotting is whacked out I believe. I had a tiger approach one until it was about 5m away. Only then did the gun with a crew of 3 (lost 1 man, so the gun acts funny) notice it, spun around a whole bunch and finally engaged it. Lmao. Most of the time they work great though.

Edited by Artkin

• 2 weeks later...

Yes man we are going to smash it. I thought probus was going to post a thread. I think he wants to do AARs only.

radplanfinal.png

THIS is my expected attack on Radzy, on Turn 4. FROM the East, @Bufo's 2nd Guards Scout Company will secure the flank, supported by my SU85s of the 1436th Antitank Battalion. @Fizou will flank and encircle the city, leaving the densest part to the Germans. We plan on using their own encirclement tactics against them ;)

Red represents my first series of movies. Pink is second/ary. Orange are the final moves.

Blue represents the expected axis approaches.

Edited by Artkin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I forgot to stay updated with the thread. We finally made contact in turn 4. I am skipping to that because Turn 3 had to be redone and I am too lazy.

turn2team.png

We made contact in the center of the map, grid "C3". The plan was to originally hold position and watch the German front line smash into our defensive wall. But in turn 3 the Germans stopped advancing north and sent troops more westward. Taking advantage of this, I chased whatever troops the Germans left behind and attacked C3. It's a nasty map with strange defilades that block LOS even when you think they're visible. So despite that small space we managed to squeeze all those troops on there.

My B Company 1436th TD Bn attacked from the North and instantly spotted a Pzkpfw IV platoon rushing across a field. 2nd Platoon HQ scored a direct hit...

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-05-25-20-57-39-42.pn

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-05-26-19-11-45-02.pn

BOOOOOOOOOM! FIRST KILL

We finally began...

(Still taking applications for Heroes of the Soviet Union)

Edited by Artkin