Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMSF2 Campaign : To Al-Hell and back - Operation ORPHEUS

Hello hello ! 

i'm Bartimeus(active on the FGM forum) and i created a Red vs Red campaign which can be download on the scenario deposit of the FGM https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-shock-force-2-2/cm-shock-force-2-campaigns/cmsf2-campaign-to-al-hell-and-back-operation-orpheus/ 

It's my first try at scenario and campaign creation. It's a  Red vs Red campaign, you command Syrian guard troops against unconv troops. The campaign span on 5 missions, all must be win in order to process to the next one. BMP-3 are very powerful but they will not be replace if destroy. You must find the balance between speed and force preservation. 

Background story :  
To Al-Hell and back : operation ORPHEUS
A rebel movement lead by a formation named Luwa El-Mumtaz(LEM) was causing turmoil north of the country since months.  Local forces suffer defection and desertion lead LEM to became a real threat to national integrity.The 30th Guard Division, which your battalion is a part of, was send to stop the rebellion.The 8th of may the division was engage in heavy combat in the north when the general Harith Abdullahi Farouq, commanding officer of the 30th Guard Divison, received a phone call from the president chief of staff himself. He was to immediately assemble a task force and send it to Al-Hell on the coast and retrieve a VIP from the government, code name EURYDICE.Your battalion, the third, was the only one available for this mission, you are in charge of breaking through enemy line, extract EURYDICE and bring it back into safe territory further south. The operation received the code name ORPHEUS.
Ammo shouldn’t be a problem, but the further you go, the harder it will be to replace casualties, especially the BMP-3. 

Have fun, hope you enjoy it and all feedback are more than welcome(it's my first shot, so I'm sure I have room for improvement, your feedback will be very helpful for that) 

Bartimeus

Some screens with reshade (mostly from the first mission). Have quite some more screens but they contain obvious spoilers One thing I noticed is that the Steam CMSF2 without reshade runs much better for me at the moment. Anyway, some BMP-2 Action and infantry on the lookout:

353062092_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2020_11.09-23_16_46_28.thumb.png.4a1e45e5359c84d8814228bd33e99a8e.png

1228239154_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2020_11.06-23_01_51_05.thumb.png.033c0b985de291c374f0633a0d2927b5.png

1465842923_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2020_11.06-23_02_18_15.thumb.png.4649ada207b285b797319def1ced20aa.png

2001135117_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2020_11.06-23_03_18_48.thumb.png.bf4a1b7886990e79f4d55c7adac427bf.png

1344354806_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2020_11.24-22_36_54_59.thumb.png.5892fa0480d97e246134f2407702ef96.png

Edited by Lethaface

22 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Sounds good to me too.  B)

1 hour ago, mjkerner said:

Sounds like fun, Bartimeus! I love playing Red on Red so will check it out this weekend.  And congratulations on your first scenarios/campaign!

Think this campaign fits right in your alley,  @borg 's alley and several others.

I'm enjoying the first scenario a lot.....Map's tight but nicely done.  B)

39 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Anyway, some BMP-2 Action and infantry on the lookout:

Nice picture.....I've had real difficulty getting my BMPs to use their cannon, they keep using missiles & then popping up to reload the bloody thing and we all know how that usually ends!  :rolleyes:

Suspect @THH149 might enjoy this campaign too, he seems to be another Red vs. Red convert.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

7 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Nice picture.....I've had real difficulty getting my BMPs to use their cannon, they keep using missiles & then popping up to reload the bloody thing and we all know how that usually ends!  :rolleyes:

Suspect @THH149 might enjoy this campaign too, he seems to be another Red vs. Red convert.  ;)

If your target is far enough to use the missiles and you use the "main" target order the  BMP will use the missile, to use the canon you must the "light" target order. 

In the opposite, if you are under the distance of missile, the main order will use the canon and the light order will use the machinegun :) 

22 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Try using target (not target briefly) with pauses and reverse + face, to cancel the target, and see how that works for you 😉

14 minutes ago, Bartimeus said:

If your target is far enough to use the missiles and you use the "main" target order the  BMP will use the missile, to use the canon you must the "light" target order. 

In the opposite, if you are under the distance of missile, the main order will use the canon and the light order will use the machinegun :) 

This is also solid advise! 👍

I have a MMG and the Missile team up there at the moment.....We trashed the farm (largely with missiles, but Target Light did bring the cannon into play, so cheers for that) after some little fekka took a potshot at us!

Most of the squabbling's taking place on the hill right now.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

1 hour ago, Lethaface said:

Good luck!

One of my Scout Teams got wiped out by a counterattack, but then the attackers discovered just how much firepower an entire company of BMP-2s represents.....Thirty seconds later all was quiet, quiet as the grave!  :o

@Bartimeus I'm having a great time with this.....Very impressed.  B)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

6 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It degenerated into a bit of a bloodbath for me too, so I was very surprised by this:

NlSpTOE.jpg

Ouch that hurts. First time I sort of blundered into the counter attack and not utilized my full company of BMP. Second time I improved and organized better, less casualties but still heavy fighting. I guess you had control of some objectives? 

16 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Ouch that hurts. First time I sort of blundered into the counter attack and not utilized my full company of BMP.

As soon as I dismount I form my BMPs into Bronegruppa.....When the first counterattack came in they hit my scouts in the flank, but two survived long enough to warn the infantry just behind them who stopped and hit the attackers in their extreme left. 

At about the same time all twelve BMPs had come to a halt and purely by chance all of them had line of sight to the general vicinity of the attack.....TBH the TacAI started the shooting and, as the scouts were toast by then, I then I had all of them join in with area target, it truly was a sight to behold!  :o

Lost a BMP forcing the road junction up to the sawmills and my own mortars cost me a good few casualties too.....I told them to ceasefire, but in the final turn while rounds were still in the air, they seemed to go a bit mad, dropping rounds all over the place (might have been because I rolled the spotting unit's BMP forward, but AFAIK this shouldn't make a difference after FFE).

FWIW

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead