will this game have spring summer autumn winter like CMFI

t34577685

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a lot of modules and special packs for this. This is their first game in which there is no tight (several months or so) time frame. BFC even states outright that this game is a sandbox, which seems to me to be a major departure for them. In keeping with that, it would seem natural to release more forces AND more seasons.  This game is going to take off like crazy, judging by the response these last few days, so I think we can look forward to a smorgasbord of goodness following in its wake!

2 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a lot of modules and special packs for this. This is their first game in which there is no tight (several months or so) time frame. BFC even states outright that this game is a sandbox, which seems to me to be a major departure for them. In keeping with that, it would seem natural to release more forces AND more seasons.  This game is going to take off like crazy, judging by the response these last few days, so I think we can look forward to a smorgasbord of goodness following in its wake!

Makes a lot of sense to me! My money is in the bank waiting for m. 😇

In theory they could make the sandbox go back till 1946 and forward till 2018. Quite some of the gear and TO&E is already there I'd say. Plus I guess it makes sense to do the sandbox thing in one CMx2 title, while keeping the other titles more in scope of their backstories. 

Good times!

30 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Makes a lot of sense to me! My money is in the bank waiting for m. 😇

In theory they could make the sandbox go back till 1946 and forward till 2018. Quite some of the gear and TO&E is already there I'd say. Plus I guess it makes sense to do the sandbox thing in one CMx2 title, while keeping the other titles more in scope of their backstories. 

Good times!

Korea 1950....

BTW I guessed the starting date could be June '79 (and not, say, March) because, IIRC, by April 1979 all M551 light tanks were phased put in USAREUR cavalry units, and this tank model is not in the game TOE.

Of course, I too hope that future modules will extend the timeframe and add new armies (US and Sovier airborne, Bundeswehr and Nationale Volksarmee, British and Canadian Army... you name it). And I guess that, if the base game sells well, new modules will come.