Nebelwerfer 42 30CM question

hey

playin CMFB n all, tryn to flatten cities n all so I can RP WW1 stuff. I do this in pretty much every ww2 title... but the damn nebelwerfer42 sucks in CMFB. Were they running low on resources so they lowered the size of the charges in the rockets or something?

In CMRT, CMFI the 30CM nebelwerfer lays the smackdown. But in CMFB it only makes half the size of a crater. What do you guys think? I quickly googled it but couldnt find any info on them using less deadly ammunition. Perhaps the later rockets focused more on shrapnel than explosive power? Seems deadlier

CMRT.png

CMFB.png

Edited by Artkin

Nebelwerfer42 is a great way to smash any map you have into oblivion. They expend all their ammo within 10 minutes, and the rockets leave absolutely gigantic craters. What I have been doing lately is playing scenarios after letting 10 batteries of nebels crush the map, and then have every unit in the scenario on a 10min reinforcement. Makes the game super interesting fighting from the destruction. It is especially interesting on city maps. Can't wait for those Berlin and Kharkov maps to do the same. Talk about adding some dynamic to the maps.

Edited by Artkin

Betcha wish you had some IEDs:P

PS - I prefer 'live damage' to a city too.....There's a limit to what even the most talented mappers can do in the Editor, but the game itself has quite a few extra tools once the battle is underway (although the new broken walls will really help on this front IMHO).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

the new broken walls will really help

What? Are there changes to come in a new patch with ruined buildings looking different from how they do now? I sure hope that's what you mean.

It would be great to have ruined buildings look a bit different and sometimes have walls standing on a side or two instead of the way they look now with rubble gathered on the centre of the ruined building.

Ah yeah, I used to select different artillery but it takes a while setting the extra fire missions up for just tiny craters. Also guns take foreverrr to finish their ammo. Theyre cute, but those 300mm craters are all function. 

Otherwise I'd just be setting up 16" guns to smash my maps :D

Agreed, I considered "damaging" a couple maps in the editor but itd be a lot of work for something that doesnt look that pretty... I prefer smashing my cities myself 🙂 

IEDs look fun but super laggy. They were crazy powerful too... 

5 hours ago, BornGinger said:

What? Are there changes to come in a new patch with ruined buildings looking different from how they do now? I sure hope that's what you mean.

It would be great to have ruined buildings look a bit different and sometimes have walls standing on a side or two instead of the way they look now with rubble gathered on the centre of the ruined building.

One of the early shots when F&R was first announced showed half-destroyed walls. Don’t know what more, if anything, there may be included.

5 hours ago, BornGinger said:

As @mjkerner says, there is a new wall type for scenario designers, 'ruined walls'.

At present all the walls available in the editor are intact, they can get broken by in-game damage, but AFAIK there's no way to start with them in that state (hence the new type).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

22 hours ago, Artkin said:

In CMRT, CMFI the 30CM nebelwerfer lays the smackdown. But in CMFB it only makes half the size of a crater. What do you guys think?

I did notice some shells leaving smaller craters than they used to, but I thought I was just imagining things. Could depend on ground condition too? Wet soil is heavier so maybe the crater would be smaller. Did you make sure both maps are set to dry?

On 2/1/2021 at 9:15 AM, Bulletpoint said:

I did notice some shells leaving smaller craters than they used to, but I thought I was just imagining things. Could depend on ground condition too? Wet soil is heavier so maybe the crater would be smaller. Did you make sure both maps are set to dry?

That was exactly it. Thank you!!!!!! Love this game