Played CMSF (original) for years - Looking to start up again - Mod Question -

TMP95

9 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

The guy in the picture has an M79 if I am not mistaken. Will that be included in the game?

That's a screenshot from an in progress H&E scenario (Mission 5 - 'Year of The Rat - 1972', an excellent campaign by @puje).

Yes he has an M-79 and also a M-16, yes they are both fully functional (the mighty @37mm discovered some witchery to make this possible). 

Both weapons are purely visual effects, the actual mechanic underneath is for an AK with an underslung 40mm grenade launcher, but in game you really wouldn't know (other than the ammo listings, which still show 7.62x39mm etc. because he just can't change those).

H&E is actually two modules in one, by using the [bhcw] tag, the game is set to (as best as we can manage) represent the Vietnam War era.  Naturally in purely technical terms it's not quite as it should be, but once the game starts immersion should take over. 

Without the [bhcw] tag, the game is essentially CM:SF2 in a fully crafted jungle environment.....It would be quite possible to make a second Korean war or a Chinese invasion of Taiwan using the basic H&E framework, essentially you'd be making changes similar to those activated by the [bhcw] tag (sound files, new models & textures, revised string files etc.), but focussed on your particular theme.

PS - My recommendation to anyone interested in 'Heaven & Earth' is to make a seperate CM:SF2 install (thus giving you a seperate z folder).....The current H&E mod weighs in at just under 5gb, which is quite a lot to be moving around every time you fancy a quick trip to the jungle!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

the actual mechanic underneath is for an AK with an underslung 40mm grenade launcher

AK-74... which is a very decent proxy for an M16a1.

Same with the GP-30 & the M-79.

Even if BFC were to model these into CMSF2 officially, I doubt you'd notice any significant difference.

8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

That's a screenshot from an in progress H&E scenario (Mission 5 - 'Year of The Rat - 1972', an excellent campaign by @puje).

Yes he has an M-79 and also a M-16, yes they are both fully functional (the mighty @37mm discovered some witchery to make this possible). 

Both weapons are purely visual effects, the actual mechanic underneath is for an AK with an underslung 40mm grenade launcher, but in game you really wouldn't know (other than the ammo listings, which still show 7.62x39mm etc. because he just can't change those).

H&E is actually two modules in one, by using the [bhcw] tag, the game is set to (as best as we can manage) represent the Vietnam War era.  Naturally in purely technical terms it's not quite as it should be, but once the game starts immersion should take over. 

Without the [bhcw] tag, the game is essentially CM:SF2 in a fully crafted jungle environment.....It would be quite possible to make a second Korean war or a Chinese invasion of Taiwan using the basic H&E framework, essentially you'd be making changes similar to those activated by the [bhcw] tag (sound files, new models & textures, revised string files etc.), but focussed on your particular theme.

PS - My recommendation to anyone interested in 'Heaven & Earth' is to make a seperate CM:SF2 install (thus giving you a seperate z folder).....The current H&E mod weighs in at just under 5gb, which is quite a lot to be moving around every time you fancy a quick trip to the jungle!  ;)

Congrats for a beautiful effort. I looked at the NATO Manual and they would have some substitutes too. But I looked at the Dragunov in the Syrian army could that be a substitute for an SLR (FN FAL) or an M14? The older Dutch APC's are modified M113 very similar to the Australian version of the M113. But I don't have a glue of how to design and edit anything like this.

1 hour ago, chuckdyke said:

Congrats for a beautiful effort. I looked at the NATO Manual and they would have some substitutes too. But I looked at the Dragunov in the Syrian army could that be a substitute for an SLR (FN FAL) or an M14? The older Dutch APC's are modified M113 very similar to the Australian version of the M113. But I don't have a glue of how to design and edit anything like this.

H&E concentrates, primarily, on a fictional 1960's-70's conflict we dub the "Bong-Hai Civil War"... it is Red vs Red only (although we do make some exceptions for a few amphibious vehicles... as well as giving red forces access to US air & artillery support via our [rvnaf] tag).

Content creators can create modern scenarios & campaigns featuring the various Blue forces. The "Open Beta" provided a number of quick "conversions" to showcase this ability (The upcoming "People's Beta" will also feature a quickly converted modern campaign).

A quick skim through of the manual is the best way to understand what the modpack (and its numerous tags) do... alternatively there's Youtube.

Edited by 37mm