Question CMRT

Almac

Hi Everyone,

Red Thunder seems like an awesome game. I am thinking of buying it. I just had a couple questions I was hoping someone could answer.

1) Are the majority of campaign and battle's larger than company size? Are the maps skewed towards towards being very large like the battle in the demo? I heard that the game was more in line with the demo tank clash than the demo skirmish.  

2) With prior releases, does battlefront offer a bundle deal right off the bat? Or would both the base game and module be full price for a period? I'm just wondering if it makes sense to wait for fire and rubble.

I'd appreciate some insight. 

Thank you!

I agree with waiting until the new module is out, and then buying a bundle. Also, checking out CMRT videos is a good idea. They have been a few made of the Mission "Gog and Magog". They really give you a good idea of the bigger battles.

Another thing to bear in mind is the amount of free community made content that you can get from The Few Good Men site, mods, single battles, and campaigns.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I thoroughly appreciate the insight. Thank you all for taking the time to respond. I'm really looking forward to the fire and rubble release. I'll wait to purchase red thunder until then. I have been enjoying the after action reports on YouTube. Thanks again for all your insight and for taking the time to answer my questions. 

Almac   

The forums are great. One thing I really appreciate about the community is the genuine interest in the history, equipment, and tactics. I have been keyed on to some really cool stuff that I might not have payed attention to otherwise.

Monster Mash does have a lot of re-playability. it is an awesome scenario. The size and layout of the map provide the opportunity to try different things out. I like the other mission as well. I like playing the ill equipped defender. Both missions are a ton of fun. I almost wish there wasn't a bundle deal so I could just buy the base game now with no guilt.

why wait????? game is awesome as all titles, and are certainly all worth what they charge. the catch is how much you delve into the game and be creative with your own missions etc or wars lol.... its my main game I always come back to. you've also got to think of all the engine updates they've done. they've constantly kept this game updated and improved, where most company's abandoned a game after 6 months or so..to me that's the key... 

The games are worth full price for sure. I am new to the series but absolutely adore it. I can see why it has such die hard fans. I really appreciate Battlefront's continuing support as well. I think there is something to be said about playing your part to incentivize the production and support of games like this. They really do have endless content. The attention to detail is something I'm really grateful for as well. Very immersive. I can't give battlefront and the community enough praise. I've had a ton of fun because of it.  

50 minutes ago, Almac said:

The games are worth full price for sure.

So much so that I've just added Final Blitzkrieg to my collection, so I now have all WW2 content (acquired in the order RT, BN, FI and FB, all since May) 🙂.  Now all I have to do is find time to play it all 😉.

Edited by Vacilllator

16 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

So much so that I've just added Final Blitzkrieg to my collection, so I now have all WW2 content (acquired in the order RT, BN, FI and FB, all since May) 🙂.  Now all I have to do is find time to play it all 😉.

Welcome to the club 😉 Indeed finding time to play all things is the biggest challenge lol.