Blitz Wargaming site

We lost the domain and access to the provider. So, the web admin had to get things moved to a new provider and there are still some glitches to work out. Please note the address has changed the new address is https://www.theblitz.club The .org domain used to have a redirect on it but no longer does.

I'm sorry I don't know the back story on what happened - nothing very dramatic though but I just don't know the story.

58 minutes ago, IanL said:

We lost the domain and access to the provider. So, the web admin had to get things moved to a new provider and there are still some glitches to work out. Please note the address has changed the new address is https://www.theblitz.club The .org domain used to have a redirect on it but no longer does.

I'm sorry I don't know the back story on what happened - nothing very dramatic though but I just don't know the story.

I used the new adress but can't create an account. Could this cause it?

It looks ok, but it suspects me of being a spammer (VPN causing this?) and states that my accound is on hold. I get the welcome emails with links to ok the account but no luck. Have tried twice in the past week or so with the same result.

5 hours ago, rocketman said:

I used the new adress but can't create an account. Could this cause it?

It looks ok, but it suspects me of being a spammer (VPN causing this?) and states that my accound is on hold. I get the welcome emails with links to ok the account but no luck. Have tried twice in the past week or so with the same result.

Bummer. I cannot personally fix it but I can pass this along and get is sorted. PM me your email address and I'll find out what's up.

4 minutes ago, raz_atoth2 said:

For what it's worth, here are the reasons we had to switch to a new domain: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=73905

@rocketman  can you please PM me with the username/email you used to register your account?

Thanks for the info, I'll pass my details on to @IanL.

58 minutes ago, ASL Veteran said:

I get this when I try the new link - I suppose I could just ignore the warning and go through, but there it is

The TLD in that case is ".club", which is an ICAAN registered domain. I can't imagine how the entire TLD, which is simple a bunch names of websites located on different servers all around the world, could be infected with malware 😕

LOL cool malware guard. I can see some uses for being careful with such things. For example I could create a top level domain of .con (great irony there) and then register microsoft.con and apple.con and use those link to scam people and it would be hard for them to notice the trickery.

However this is not a scam. As @Freyberg said this one is approved by ICAAN so you should be safe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.club

I guess this malware is a littlebit outdated on the the developments in TLD business. I used to work in the sector about a decade ago, when there were only the .countryCode and .com/net/.org/.info/.biz/.gov/.mil etc. Since then the policy around TLDs has been relaxed and I think that for 100k you can create your own, although there are requirements with regards to business practices and processes as well iirc. The governance over TLDs is indeed regulated by ICANN (not ICAAN 😉 ) in cooperation with IANA which manage the root DNS system among other things.