Campaign Script File

2 minutes ago, rtdood said:

Cheers for this, I added another mission in here as you suggested, and that worked. The only other errors I had was on a couple of lines which I was able to solve. All compiled. Now I'm half way playtesting this all the way through...and have quite a few things ill need to change before release 😁

Excellent - good to hear you back on the move :)

Scripts are toughies - do you have a flowchart you can refer to whilst you work through stuff? I create one that is then linked to a spreadsheet with specific mission data (like which core units use etc). helps keep you sane!

Cheery!

On 5/10/2020 at 4:16 PM, George MC said:

You need to have an outcome in your script if you lose Breslau. Currently nothing happens - so either you go to another mission (which if win in mission 1 is Zuphen) or if you lose then you need to name the next mission or your campaign ends. 

Helpful is nice to have added infos !

On 5/12/2020 at 3:09 PM, George MC said:

Excellent - good to hear you back on the move :)
Scripts are toughies - do you have a flowchart you can refer to whilst you work through stuff? 

I dont, although I probably should lol. I've altered the individual battles so many times I still keep finding new things to add with new perspectives to try out.

Still, I have worked on some basic tables which I intend to attach to the zip file so players can see the battle order and force components before playing as it is quite useful to look over. The only thing that would have been a huge help would be a export to Excel function for the 'purchase unit' tab so tracking what core units are meant for what battle would be easier (I've had to write all my force components for each battle by hand, which took a few hours).  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I haven't yet taken me the time to play any of the campaigns in Final Blitzkrieg and have something I came to think about a few days ago concerning the officers in the batallion or regiment one is playing.

If a company or platoon commander dies with his HQ unit in one of the campaign's scenarios and the campaign script says 0% to adding troops to the core units is the company or platoon in the following scenario without their commander or has one of the other officers or an NCO been promoted so there is a new commander for the company or platoon when I start playing the next scenario?

Edited by BornGinger

I made a short two scenario campaign and made sure the company commander and the commander to the first platoon got killed in the first scenario. In the second scenario there were two new commanders with HQ teams and none of the new commanders had the name of any of the other commanders or squad leaders from the first scenario. So it seems the game allocates new HQ units by itself.