Question - Amiens Tonight, Prelude on the Seine

23 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Myles' original comment in the other thread was from 2016.....When was the battlepack released?

2016 would sound about right for the release date. Being a late comer to CMx2 I still had a lot of stuff to play on Engine 2. It wasn't until the end of 2017 that I bought v.3, the Vehicle Pack, and the Battle Pack all in one go. All I can confirm is that the problems weren't introduced to the campaign with any upgrade, they've been there since the beginning sadly.

We had a bug during the development of CM R2V where a motorized battalion did not have enough transport for everyone (that was by design) and whenever you added them to a scenario and played it the transport for each platoon would be filled and anyone who didn't fit was just gone. When you deployed the units everyone was there. When you played the scenario anyone that didn't fit was just missing. Which teams were left out seemed to change randomly too.

What you are describing sounds similar to that bug.

If you can reproduce it with a new scenario - buy a motorized force and remove a truck or two from each platoon. Deploy to see everyone. Play to see if anyone is missing. Then we can only log it for a fix one day.

If you can only reproduce it with the old scenario then the issue is the problem is baked into the scenario. This is possible and the fix would be to go into the unit editor and remove the formation that is having the problem. Add it back and the problem should be solved. You will have to make careful note about which parts of the formation are supposed to be removed, which AI group, which unit objective and which reserve group they are part of.

Ack - I forgot this was a campaign. Yeah that would be very difficult - for those of us that don't have the campaign parts. Do I have it correctly that this is from @JonS's campaign in the battle pack?

I'll have to put this on my list of stuff to look at - man it's getting long.

Edited by IanL
wrong it's

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Thanks for that @IanL.  Although I suspect that would beyond my ken at the moment with my health not too good. Also, wouldn't making changes to certain missions need some kind rewriting of the campaign script?

Straight to the Society of Chymical Physitians with you, man!

Better health to you.