Ammo Dump

also worth to note when purchasing a supply truck set from formations, they all get combined into a single large dump when vehicles are all set to "disembark". Sometimes it´s desirable to have several single dumps at smaller size, then one can delete those unneeded and purchase an additonal formation in desired quantity and composition. Some trucks from various motorized formations can be disembarked as well, giving quite specific ammo compositions. Like in example mot. AT guns or mortars. So if one likes having an AT or onboard mortar position and have more ammo at hand, have a look at the towing vehicle ammo loadout and then disembark.

I had no idea that they are not available in warrior mode. Remember having trouble with them in my Rittersprung scenario and not understanding why they didn't show up sometimes. It makes it important to remember when writing the scenario briefing to mention that the ammo will be distributed if playing on warrior mode and below.

So now the question is Why no ammo dump in Warrior? Units at that level will never need to replenish supplies? I would think it took more coding to exempt Warrior and Veteran modes from getting ammo dumps.

For my scenario I will put an immobilized supply truck in the scenario and explain in the briefing that the ammo has been placed in an old truck we found in the village. The extra ammo is a big deal in this scenario and not everyone plays Elite mode.

1 hour ago, LiveNoMore said:

So now the question is Why no ammo dump in Warrior?

The lower skill levels are meant to make game please easier with less mystery and more information. So having to manually acquire ammo is removed.

1 hour ago, LiveNoMore said:

... not everyone plays Elite mode.

They should be :D

Just design for people playing Elite and don't fret over the lower skill levels - just my opinion.

OK. So I did a little experiment. Same scenario with the ammo dump. Squad ammo at start of scenario for both Elite and Warrior.....

Elite                                                   Warrior   

M1               1939                                                      1939

M1Car           150                                                        150

.45                  350                                                        350

Grenades          21                                                         21

Bazooka              8                                                           8

60mm               32                                                          32

So.............  Where was the ammo in the dump dispersed to? The other side? And, are we saying that people playing in Warrior or Veteran will never need to replenish their squads ammo?

Again, it seems silly to me to require the lower levels to have ammo in trucks, but the higher levels can have it in buildings or anyplace they want to put it.

IMHO