Campaign Concept based on American Football

I don't know if this has ever been done before but I have a concept for a campaign based on American Football.

Mission 01: Line of Scrimmage - - - Blue conducts a preliminary probing action.

Mission 02: First Down - - - Blue has made progress but there is still a long way to go.

Mission 03: Play-Action - - - Blue conduct a feint to allow another element to advance.

Mission 04. Fumble! - - - A mistake puts Blue on the defensive. Possible rearguard or holding action.

Mission 05: Blitz - - - Blue attempts to stop enemy counterattack.

Mission 06: Turnover! - - - Blue is back on the offensive

Mission 07: Hail Mary - - - Blue makes risky move to achieve major territorial gains.

Mission 08: Red Zone - - - Enemy in serious trouble; Blue has campaign objective in sight.

Mission 09: 4th and Goal - - - The final decisive battle to take the campagin objective.

What do you think of the concept? Any suggestions for battle names?

1 hour ago, Cpl Steiner said:

Any suggestions for battle names?

Every Date I Had In High School. (Campaign name)

And a serious name, North Dallas Forty.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

There have been comments in the past that the American way of waging war resembles American football while for other countries it more resembles soccer. (Generic statement alert) Americans mass their forces, rush forward, regroup, mass their forces again, repeat as needed, always with their eye on the clock. For others its a running battle without breaks that covers the whole football pitch, where a 0 to 0 score at the end can be considered a great victory. That comment is decades old and may or may not still be applicable in the age of occupation wars.

OK hands up. Back in my day it was called Ye Old Ship Tavern, and didn't become the Whitehall Theatre until 1930. I just didn't want Elizabeth to know that I had spent the whole day in the pub celebrating Charles Stewart having his napper taken off. She doesn't like it if I drink anyone else's ale, as she thinks that she is the best brewster in England.

7 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

...I had spent the whole day in the pub celebrating Charles Stewart having his napper taken off.

Really too bad you didn't get his son too. Inviting him back into the country was a bad mistake. Well, to be fair, nobody asked you about that part. 'Course it might have been a little hard to catch your reply at the time. *sigh* Just one of those things I suppose. Say, Landlord, d'ya think I could get another drop or two here?

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Really too bad you didn't get his son too. Inviting him back into the country was a bad mistake. Well, to be fair, nobody asked you about that part. 'Course it might have been a little hard to catch your reply at the time. *sigh* Just one of those things I suppose. Say, Landlord, d'ya think I could get another drop or two here?

Michael

27,259 posts says you've had your fill sunshine … now do one before a puritan rocks up and threatens something worse ;)