buildings

The game doesn't know what's being represented in the texture's being used so cannot differentiate façade types. All it knows is building size. The bigger the building, the tougher it is. While updating maps for release I tried generally to avoid giving tiny buildings stone facades because they're not all that bulletproof.

40 minutes ago, Erwin said:

So, it doesn't matter whether the building looks like wood or stone - each building of a certain size gives the same amount of cover to occupants and can be destroyed with the same amount of force?   

When'd you get back? Did you get the game?

Mord.

A few days ago.  Always sick or damaged as usual lol.  The forums have been more busy over the past 4 weeks than over the past several months so it's taking me a few days just to get caught up.   Got your mods of course.  Great job!

Am waiting for you chaps to figure out all the bugs so I can d/l the final updated version.  :)

11 hours ago, Erwin said:

Got your mods of course.  Great job!

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

Still just trying to catch up on all the posts on this board.

#&^% that! Get the game! It's the same old ^%$# that's been spoke a thousand times. There's Uncons that need killin' and Infidels that need that need jihading! Plus they just put out a patch.

Mord.

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

Yeah, yeah. am getting it.  Was just curious whether there is a brand new manual worth buying with it.

I doubt with a many years as you have in with CM that there are enough changes in the manual to make it worth your while, but only you can determine based on the price difference if that is the case.  Considering I think you require int'l shipping I would suggest not.  Besides you get a PDF version anyway in DL ;) 

Am in US mostly, so no problem there.  :)   But, you are right of course... after about 140 months playing CM2 I only need to read up on the new IED section on the pdf manual (there is a pdf game manual, yes?).

Not much time to play anything currently.  :(   Was kinda hoping if I waited a bit the d/l version would include the patch. 

11 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Am in US mostly, so no problem there.  :)   But, you are right of course... after about 140 months playing CM2 I only need to read up on the new IED section on the pdf manual (there is a pdf game manual, yes?).

Not much time to play anything currently.  :(   Was kinda hoping if I waited a bit the d/l version would include the patch. 

yes to both