Just Beat All Blitz Battles As Allies

Beat All Blitzkrieg game battles as allies from tactical victories to total victory (no draws) took about a year, as I didn't play every week.Used many saved games with the larger maps.

My favorite

To Verdenne & Victory- Amazing map and well put together scenario won a total victory first time as allies, tough battle.

Hot Time In Hatten- Huge map, Nice scenario experienced major FPS drop when allied reinforcements arrived, also game crashed only on this battle out of the entire battles, for some reason. Won with saved games.

Probing around Poteau -awesome scenario

River of Blood - well put together

Chaos at Ferme Diedenhove

Meijel mayhem

All of the others not mentioned here or in the worst section were good or above medicore or I just couldn't remember it.

The worst battles:

-Trouble with Siegfried - only one way to win it as allies, user should have more ways.

-Drive them out - a miniature scenario of wax museum, terrible scenario for allies, wingen capture points make no sense won by exploiting around map, bad experience. I saw other reviews with the about the same  reviews about these 2 battles online.

-Wax museum- Another really (why are there two terrible wingen battles) absolutely appalling wingen mission. Every 4th house has vet and +2 mg42s panzerfausts or panzerschreks. while Allies have -2 and regular. Multiple times I have seen a two man team of mp40s, deflect a Us infantry squad of 12. A terrible scenario. Not a big FPS drop like war without mercy, but still really really bad. Never playing again.

-A war without Mercy- Another pathetic enemy vet vs your conscripts type battle. Takes place in Herrlisheim. Terrible scenario with too short of a time limit. The game began to skip and serious FPS lose to the point of almost not being able to play when the panthers rolled in and were taken out as quick as they arrived. Artillery never ever hit where i wanted it to. Weather was terrible. Allies skills were horrid. Not playing again.

I give the total score of all battles played as allies an 85% out of 100

Edited by user1000

Question - If the unit settings and clock were changed would it change your opinion of the worst battles?

Both are easily done in the editor if you so choose.  2 of the 4 that seems to be an option.  Highly recommend tailoring a scenario to suit yourself. Hey you paid for it, you earned the right.

Edited by sburke

Pleased you liked my stuff (Victory at Verdenne and Probing Around Poteau) but they wouldn't have been what they are without the input of the guys on the testing team. While I don't disagree about the limited number of ways to win The Trouble With Siegfried, which I helped test, I think you have to take this scenario for what it is - a nice atmospheric little scenario designed to be played in a short session. If you look at it through that prism, it does the job.

With regard to the other three on your worst list, I can't comment on them in detail as I didn't get round to testing those but I do know that the author did a considerable amount of research on those actions and, because of their size, was constrained by the number of AI slots and was constrained by the BFC requirement for official scenarios to make them playable as Allied, Axis and H2H.

Anyway - thanks for the positive feedback on my scenarios, I guess I'm better at this than I thought I was.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:19 AM, user1000 said:

The worst battles:

-Trouble with Siegfried - only one way to win it as allies, user should have more ways.

That's the little scenario with the railroad and the bunkers? I thought it was quite ok, but I agree it's a bit "on rails". Also, having lots of forest to clear out and little time on the clock is always frustrating.

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

That's the little scenario with the railroad and the bunkers? I thought it was quite ok, but I agree it's a bit "on rails". Also, having lots of forest to clear out and little time on the clock is always frustrating.

Yeah that's the one. The real craft under the hood with this one is the Allied AI plan, even though it is designed to be played as Allied vs Axis AI - it did a better job than I did as the attacker on my first two tests for the scenario author. As I said before, if you take it for what it is, it is a nice atmospheric little scenario but I agree with you and the OP that it is limited in scope.

Also, it's one of the two scenarios I can remember where smoke is useful (and actually essential). In this case for crossing the railroad tracks.

The other scenario is a CMBN map called Buying the Farm, where smoke can be used to get out of the trees and make a base of fire along the hedges on the southern part of the map.

"A war without Mercy- Another pathetic enemy vet vs your conscripts type battle. Takes place in Herrlisheim. Terrible scenario with too short of a time limit. The game began to skip and serious FPS lose to the point of almost not being able to play when the panthers rolled in and were taken out as quick as they arrived. Artillery never ever hit where i wanted it to. Weather was terrible. Allies skills were horrid. Not playing again."

Disagree with the above.  I really enjoyed that one.  The green 12th Armored getting a bloody nose trying to clear-out a town during Operation Nordwind.  I thought it was a lot of fun and pretty manageable even for a huge scenario.  (I followed the advice in the scenario briefing to flank around the town which is a panzerfaust/panzerschrek gallery.  I also ensured that I left flank guards to defend against counter-attacks which the briefing mentions as a possibility.)  Overall, I thought it was one of the better CMFB scenarios.

Also, I had no tech issues with it whatsoever.  My PC/graphics card are both nearly four years old.  They were decent when I got them, but certainly not top-of-the-line gaming PC/graphics card even for 2015.  Yet, they handled that scenario without any noticeable FPS loss or any "skipping."