Live conflict maps of Ukraine, Syria and Israel/Palestine

JulianJ

Hi all

I just found this resource Live conflict maps   https://liveuamap.com/   it covers three conflicts:  Ukraine, Syria and Israel/Palestine  with news and maps/satellites. You click on a news symbol and it takes you to where something happened.  I zoomed in on Donetsk and it seemed to have a useful amount of detail.  I couldn't find contours unfortunately but that might be me missing something.

23 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

"Joint Forces Operation Press Center: yesterday Russian forces opened fire 26 times. 1 soldier was wounded"

hmmmm

Why is this statement repeated along all the front in different points and posted two days ago and 12 hours ago with the same "yesterday" timestamp?

At first I read it like the same unit fired 26 times but now I think it might be that there where 26 places where shooting occurred along the front?

I don't know. And I don't know if we should trust this site at all. Who's behind it? Where does the info come from? Who verifies it? I can't find anything about these things...

Ok, found something, which actually doesn't say that much: https://liveuamap.com/about 

"Liveuamap was founded in 2014 by a team of devoted software developers and journalists who wished to inform the world about the Ukrainian conflict."

[...]

"Liveuamap operates from its EU-based technical infrastructure and is governed by Liveuamap LLC under the jurisdiction of the State of Virginia, USA."

Hmmm...

Edited by Bulletpoint

I watched the fall of ISIS on this website, particularly the battles for Mosul and Raqqa which I watched unfold on here daily. You can look back in time at the territory it held in 2014 and compare it to now.

Edit: well you used to be able to, now it seems to only go back to 2017 for that conflict.

Edited by Josey Wales