How has Combat Mission affected Your alcohol consumption?

I have seen discussions about forgotten wives (which my wife didn`t find amusing)

But I have noticed that I now when playing activly CM, drink less.

My conciousness doesn`t allow me to guide my forces while under influence of alcohol (hangover included)

Having hangover reduces my willingness to play CM and this is certainly dangerous.

I find that a couple of Anchor Steams (occasionally a Pilsner Urquhart [sp] when large numbers of German infantry is around) make that slightly unreal feeling come alive for fast and dirty games... occasionally a shot a Jaegermeister (loosely translated as drunk hunter biggrin.gif )...

And for large battles (Waiting for a South of Sword turn right now), a tumbler of Glenmorangie focus' me nicely.

------------------

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" - G.W. Bush, January 2000

edited for Anchor Steam inspired spelling

[This message has been edited by Compassion (edited 10-28-2000).]

Ever see the Jackie Chan movie 'Drunken Master' (which is, I hear, currently being re-released by Miramax, who will, I'm sure, find a way to suck it up)?

I'm sorta like that. Except without the master part.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

My consumtion goes up markedly when losing a battle. I feel that obviously my sober tactics aren't working so, what the hell. An actually I think the combination of Beam an Pepsi won me two ladder battles!..lol

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!

[This message has been edited by Grognerd_Fogman (edited 10-28-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm with Colin, a beer is nice here and there, but there's nothing like pulling tubes and pumping out turn after turn of mulitiple PBEM games. One nite I came home drunk and did a couple of turns, I was so mad at myself the next day when I saw the next action phases!! Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly.

My bong rarely leaves my computer station either Colin. How do you get the buds out from between the keys on the keyboard?

Guest dirkd1976

Ahhh, yes. Nothing like a hit off the bong before a good ole game of.....umm....what are we discussing here? *munch, munch, munch*

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

My alcohol consumption has dropped, but my cocaine consumption went through the roof. Ya gotta pay attention man. And it helps ya get through work the next day. Unfortunately my bong had to move away from my keyboard. To another state in fact, as I am currently living rent free with the 'rents. Privacy I do have, but no incriminating smells allowed.

Gen Petrovsky: So thats why you moved that way. Don't worry, you got one of my greyhounds on a drunken error.

WWB

Rebane - Thx for starting this thread. Yo see, ever since I began to play CMPBEM my Alcohol Consumption has gone way up. My contribution in this matter goes way back (just attend to the subject Hi There!! I'm a drunk lurker!!!!) Eventhough that I try to get hold of myselfe I am often encouaged by some of my fellow PBEM opponents like Grognerd_Fogman! Just take a look at what he had just send me: 'Don't worry, I'm breaking out the whiskey for this next turn...lol

Grognerd_Fogman' smile.gif

I'am not trying to start another 'Ping' tread but yo see this is really getting onto my nerve and after a coulplsups.. of tuurnss my heads are spinning - both of them!

Maybe this thread should be delegated to all of us who started our drinking because of CM.

IMHO, CM2 should encourage the use of Joysticks for the purpose of giving orders! This way I would be left with only one hand and that one is for fags!

------------------

Malmvig

One thing I noticed about CM is how realistic it was. Not the top of the line graphics, but good enough to freak me out when getting ambushed. One thing its missing tho, is the smells. I like armor. So I figgered I'd try sitting a cup o gasoline next to my monitor... you know... for the smell... added a lot to the game... but it wasn't as strong as I had hoped... so I drenched an old towel in the gas and huffed away the evening...

I haven't lost a battle since...

I think...

Wait... when was the last time I played?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrapGame:

The quantity of alcohol has dropped considerably, but the cost has gone through the roof as a rocks glass of Lagavulin is a hell of a lot more expensive than a 6-pack of Bud Light.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. Those single malt bottles cost plenty.

Curse on the one who started those whisky threads a while ago. frown.gif

Oh, and a blessing too.. smile.gif

Hey! Who changed the frown smilie to this? frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Jarmo (edited 11-08-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gorilla:

I like armor. So I figgered I'd try sitting a cup o gasoline next to my monitor... you know... for the smell... added a lot to the game... but it wasn't as strong as I had hoped... so I drenched an old towel in the gas and huffed away the evening...

I haven't lost a battle since...

I think...

Wait... when was the last time I played?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could try lighting your nosehairs on fire with regular matches for their sulfur effect.

Guest AggroMann

It hasn't, i'm 15.

Although i wouldn't mind a nice cold Saranac right now, i really don't think that i could possibly drink a beer right in front of mother and not get caught...

I wouldn't want my precious computer with it's enviable ability to play CMBO taken away from me...... biggrin.gif

------------------

AGGRO-MANN