Pixeltruppen Planning Problem

Has anyone had their pixeltruppen getting stuck in a planning loop? This happened in a PBEM:

As much as I'd like the pixeltruppen to think more, I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be standing still like that. There's a few others in the same turn who stopped what they were doing and started scratching their heads, but this is the most obvious.

The turn is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/16uh5d1gmxjayqs/Hapless Attack 089.ema?dl=0

This is not a pixeltruppen planning problem. It is, instead, the implementation of the pixeltruppen peeing procedure.

See, after a long ride in a halftrack, with bullets pinging off the armor, and poor Hans getting nailed while manning the machinegun, every pixeltruppen was imbued with the need to urgently urinate. So, they hopped out and peed. Of course, with your gridded terrain mod, you've blocked the "yellow snow" terrain change. (This is somewhat related to the "browning of the shorts" mod when your troops' morale plummets.)

As soon as their bladders are emptied, they'll charge forth. Give 'em a moment.

On 9/19/2018 at 2:13 AM, IanL said:

Path finding problems are typically NP-incomplete problems. :)

The actual name of the class is NP-complete. 

And pathfinding is a polynomial time problem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dijkstra's_algorithm?wprov=sfla1

But quadratic is usually too much anyways. I am sure that the TacAI is using some kind of informed search algorithm improving significantly in most cases over Dijkstra.

Probably @RockinHarry is the one with the guess closer to the mark.

Edited by BletchleyGeek