Could anyone convert QB maps from BN or FI to BS?

Have you tried it out using this method (see Rokko's posts)? It worked flawlessly for me (though I'Ve read you might need to replace some buildings). Basically, all you have to do is to strip a scenario off all troops (no need for quickbattles anyway) and change a few hex-values in its btt-map file (see the picture in Rokko's post). I (windows) was able to find all quickbattle-maps in my battlefront-folder in my user/documents (not the installation path).  To change the hex-value, you simply download a free hexeditor and put in the new values (CM:SF = 00, CM:A = 02, CM:BN = 04, CM:FI = 06, CM:RT = 08, CM:BS = 0A, CM:FB = 0C).

Edited by Kaunitz

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎20‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 9:15 PM, sbobovyc said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B982H8gQa3LZaDNuM092RERXZEk

Example usage:

cm_btt_mutator.exe --type CMBS some_file.btt

--type can be CMSF,CMA,CMBN,CMFI,CMRT,CMBS

I have not tested this, let me know if you run into problems.

Very impressive! I´ve checked it out and it works flawless for me.

I converted my CMBN Le_Mesnil_Patry map to CMBS, CMRT and CMFI.

Now I can roam in Normandy landscape with T34s, T90s, M1s and Italian tanks.

Can you check if you can include CMFB to the conversion mix? Then we can have Winter Battles in Normandy and Summer Battles in the Ardennes :-)

cheers

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:14 AM, DesertFox said:

Can you check if you can include CMFB to the conversion mix? Then we can have Winter Battles in Normandy and Summer Battles in the Ardennes :-)

cheers

Could you explain in layman's term how to do it? I click on the exe file and nothing happens.

51 minutes ago, JohnO said:

Could you explain in layman's term how to do it? I click on the exe file and nothing happens.

You need to make yourself familiar with windows command prompt. How you start it you can read here:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-open-command-prompt-2618089

In Win 10 basically right-click on start and choose command (admin).

Step 1: Copy the scenario you want to convert into a folder of your choice. For simplicity sake let´s use C:\test. Also copy the mutator.exe there.

Step 2: Now start windows command prompt

Step 3: Within the command prompt navigate to C:\test

Step 4: convert your scenario to CMBS. Lets say it was called ABC.btt and originally created for CMRT.

Step 5: Type the following in the command prompt: "mutator.exe - t CMBS ABC.btt"

then press ENTER and your CMRT scen will be converted to a file named ABC_CMBS.btt

Step 6: Copy the converted file to your CMBS scen folder

Enjoy!

Edited by DesertFox

37 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

You need to make yourself comfortable with windows command prompt. How you start it you can read here:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-open-command-prompt-2618089

In Win 10 basically right-click on start and choose command (admin).

Step 1: Copy the scenario you want to convert into a folder of your choice. For simplicity sake let´s use C:\test. Also copy the mutator.exe there.

Step 2: Now start windows command prompt

Step 3: Within the command prompt navigate to C:\test

Step 4: convert your scenario to CMBS. Lets say it was called ABC.btt and originally created for CMRT.

Step 5: Type the following in the command prompt: "mutator.exe - t CMBS ABC.btt"

then press ENTER and your CMRT scen will be converted to a file named ABC_CMBS.btt

Step 6: Copy the converted file to your CMBS scen folder

Enjoy!

Slight correction- your earlier directions and the one that works is "cm_btt_mutator.exe -t CMBS some_file.btt".  At least for running. 

I just tried on a couple CMSF maps.  It did create the new btt file however it will not open in CMBS. I am not totally surprised, it is asking a lot to move from CMSF to CMBS, but I had to try. :D

40 minutes ago, sburke said:

Slight correction- your earlier directions and the one that works is "cm_btt_mutator.exe -t CMBS some_file.btt".  At least for running. 

I just tried on a couple CMSF maps.  It did create the new btt file however it will not open in CMBS. I am not totally surprised, it is asking a lot to move from CMSF to CMBS, but I had to try. :D

I converted three CMSF maps (rural I, rural II and rural III, I think all are by Pete Weneman) perfectly fine into CMFI. Hadn´t tested with scens though

Cause I´m lazy I renamed the *.exe simply to cm.exe. Avoids long typing :-)

edit: Just checked, jep those rural maps can be converted to CMBS also. Additionally I tried Hammertime v4 and stripped it of all units. It converts, but crashes CMBS. So, as expected, the tool will not work on every map/scen.

edit2: Wittmanns Demise from CMBN can also be converted and loads in the editor without problems. Would you give him M1s or T90s for a 70 years timewarp ? :-)

Edited by DesertFox

On 7/12/2017 at 10:14 AM, DesertFox said:

cheers

Thanks, glad it works! I added CMFB support to the python script.

4 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

Seconded! I would love to have CMFI and maybe even SF and BN maps. If there's no way to do it myself on mac, can someone upload folders somewhere?

I don't have a mac and I don't want to get into packaging my tools as executables. The beauty of python is that it is cross platform, but it does require a bit of setup if you are on Windows or OS X. For mac, I recommend https://conda.io/docs/install/full.html#full-installation

A while ago I made a video on how to install python (on Windows) and use some of the tools from a console. The only difference is that now you should install the latest Python 3 instead of 2.

On ‎14‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 0:51 AM, DesertFox said:

Thanks for your work! Can you create a new *.exe file from that? Unfortunately I have no clue how to run python files.

Just to avoid confusion. I meant upgrading your cm_btt_mutator.exe to CMFB capability. Thanks!

15 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

Well I meant moreso that someone who knows what they are doing could just upload the converted QB maps somewhere so anyone can download it and simply drop them into the proper folder.

What about uploading them to the Scenario Depot?

I would love to try some CMFI or CMSF maps converted to CMBS....that terrain with modern equipment would be a blast I think.

I believe someone converted a ton of CMRT QB maps to CMBS by a different method since they were fairly similar and uploaded them there.

Thanks

3 hours ago, grunt_GI said:

What about uploading them to the Scenario Depot?

I would love to try some CMFI or CMSF maps converted to CMBS....that terrain with modern equipment would be a blast I think.

My thoughts exactly! CMBS and CMFI are my two favourite titles! I'd love to send a Ranger battalion up some of those hills or mountains!