Free French Army Module

This has probbly been discussed before but how many would be interested in a Free France module? Not from 1940 but 1944 with equipment lend to them plus their own equipment, armor, fighters and arms. It could be a small module for CMBN like the vehicle pack was. I would buy this for sure.

I think is

(Forces Francaise de l interieure) but you know what I want to say... want only mention that  existing already a mod about french in ww2....apologyse to this mistake...

I think it was FFL si mes souvenirs sont bons...

Edited by 3j2m7

Believe me me too... and pray also one day to have possibility to see in BF M 48 chieftain Centurion and all family of 70s and 80s tanks like mentioned in a post to created Arabs Israely war...have already  some tests with the actual cmfi and a lot lot lot of imagination...

But...not realist of course.?

Edited by 3j2m7

26 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Believe me me too... and pray also one day to have possibility to see in BF M 48 chieftain Centurion and all family of 70s and 80s tanks like mentioned in a post to created Arabs Israely war...have already  some tests with the actual cmfi and a lot lot lot of imagination...

But...not realist of course.?

Yes I guess also the Maroko Goumiers and some others nations South Afrika Australia Greek...but also French and Italian Resistance!!

Yes this module could be very interresting...

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Resistance/Partisan/UnCon units for all the current CM games are probably top of my list right now.

Resistance deserve to be in the game cos my point of view they are playing a Big role in the ww2... all plans and infos giving from resistance and number of civilians peoples to prepare Dday... without them the allied having more casualties and perhaps dday will never be.

Edited by 3j2m7

It also offer loads of new options for scenario design.....Some folk like the Battle of Kursk, others favour the Secret War, personally I like both but usually on different days.  :D

We know from CM:SF & CM:A that the game engine can do both, hopefully it's just a matter of time (please BFC remember to give UnCon units access to satchel charges).  B)

Hmm !!! would like to see what could be cmsf ii everybody talk about but dont know what could be the new face of this... one update of cmsf I ???

Personly black see  don't have it don't like modern conflict, people's are really suffering....both side we have already enough with cruality and attentat in these mad world...like more trying to redrawing history...but this is my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 2:31 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Trust me fella, even in the current CM:SF low experience UnCons meet properly trained troops in the same way a sentence meets a full-stop.....It's their tricks & traps that get 'em the kills.  :ph34r:

Yeah, I remember one scenario was pretty easy-going until I put about a half-platoon of Marines into a building that was wired to blow...

On 14/06/2017 at 2:27 AM, 3j2m7 said:

Yes I guess also the Maroko Goumiers and some others nations South Afrika Australia Greek...but also French and Italian Resistance!!

Yes this module could be very interresting...

Sorry Aussies had well and truly left the European theater in terms of ground forces at least. The 9th Infantry Division / 2AIF, was the last unit to depart following Second El Alamein, so left the front lines in Nov '42 IIRC. I believe there were still some Australians attached to the RAF forces supporting troops in Italy but I doubt BF would add in a whole country just for some air support assets.

Pvt. Fitzsimmons :- "Field Marshall, how come themz there Auzzies have been allowed to go home, is it because yer faither was Bishop of Tasmania?"

Monty :- "No, it was because their government took them back. Now, get on and polish your Bedford. And let's have no more of your cheek."

19 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

And if we were to include the ETO, there were lots of Aussies in Bomber Command, I guess right up to the end of the war.

Michael

Sadly I can't see strategic bombing forces being represented inside CMx2 anytime soon. :P

14 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Pvt. Fitzsimmons :- "Field Marshall, how come themz there Auzzies have been allowed to go home, is it because yer faither was Bishop of Tasmania?"

Monty :- "No, it was because their government took them back. Now, get on and polish your Bedford. And let's have no more of your cheek."

It's actually quite an interesting story, particularly around the political machinations that went on between the Commonwealth Govts at the time. The 6th and 7th Australian Divisions left the Mediteranean theatre early in '42 following the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour and lightnight strikes across South East Asia. At the time there was a real fear inside the Australian Government they would be facing a land invaision inside 1942 - reinforced by the bombing of Darwn and other towns across Australia's northern coastline.

While they were enroute home, Churchill tried to divert the convoys of Australian troops to fight in Burma without the Australian Government's blessing/approval. Australia's relatively new Prime Minister Curtin, got wind of this and ordered them re-routed back to Australia.

A combination of there not being enough ships available, (combination of losses in the Atlantic, constant supply needs to the forces in North Africa/Middle East and early plans to get American forces across to Eurpope), it became very hard to get all three Australian Divisions home. Prime Minister Curtin relented to British requests to keep one of the Australian Divisions in North Africa in exchange for a deal brokered with the US to base an additional Division in Australia in it's place. The Division that was to stay behind was the 9th Division which had only recently been pulled out of the Siege of Tobruk and was refitting in occupied Syria at the time. The 9th Division was newly arrived at the front when First El Alamein broke out and would hold the northern Commonwealth flank throughout 1942. (Along with the South African's IIRC). The 9th was also the first Commonwealth Division to achieve a breakthrough during Second El Alamein which forced German forces redeploy north, allowing weakening the line further south.

Shipping availbility made it possible for the 9th to be withdrawn to Australia following Second El Alamein, which also meant the 2nd New Zealand Division had to remain in North Africa/Europe for what turned out to be the rest of the war.

Yeah if there ever is a CM Africa, there's quite a few ideas I have for scenarios featuring this Division. :)

From Wikipedia (sourced)

[A] batch of some 50 or 60 Australian prisoners were marched off close behind us—immensely big and powerful men, who without question represented an elite formation of the British Empire, a fact that was also evident in battle.[84]
—Lieutenant General Erwin Rommel, Commander, German Afrika Korps, Battle of Tobruk, 1941.

We could not have won the battle [i.e. theSecond Battle of El Alamein, 1943] in twelve days without the magnificent 9th Australian Division.[85]
—General Bernard Montgomery, writing about the Allied breakthrough in North Africa.

My God, I wish we had [the] 9th Australian Division with us this morning [D-Day].[86]
—Major General Freddie de Guingand, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-force Headquarters Europe, 1944.