The Art of Combat Mission CMBN

This thread is a carry over from the screen shot thread. The art depicted here is just that..Art. Ive taken screen shots and using basic artistic procedures modified them to give a painterly look and feel. Hopefully I have accomplished that. The first link is a art strip entitled The Trials of Corporal Bailey. It follows a corporal of the 1st Bn Hampshire Regiments landing at Jig Green Sector on Gold Beach on D-Day. The original screen shots were taken from the scenario of that name from my CMBN British Campaign: For King and Country. I hope you enjoy the little story.

http://imgur.com/a/O707S

This link is the regular screen shots I had posted over to the screenshot thread.

http://imgur.com/a/m5Qqb

Michael

3 hours ago, canuck97 said:

Nice work, especially the first strip. Could you provide a link to that campaign please?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sce3ibep7mysjto/For King and Country.zip?dl=0

There you go. You will need CMBN v4, Commonwealth module, Market Garden Module and Vehicle Pack. All other mods are included in the download.

Hope you enjoy.

Michael

These are really excellent! I've always been a fan of AARs and screenshots, and you've convinced them both here. Very much looking forward to seeing more screenshots from you in the future, and to finally play your new campaign when I get back. 

By the way, are you touching up these photos using photoshop or some other software?

8 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

These are really excellent! I've always been a fan of AARs and screenshots, and you've convinced them both here. Very much looking forward to seeing more screenshots from you in the future, and to finally play your new campaign when I get back. 

By the way, are you touching up these photos using photoshop or some other software?

Thanks for all the kind coments guys. Yes I use Photoshop and Lightroom tools for the edits. Dont do anything really fancy basically just enhancing the shadows and smoothing out some of the jagged areas between ground tiles. I use blur also on some of the FX and may add a few elements in (like the water geysers from explosions) but other than that thats about it. Its more shadow and light play than anything.

The real art is what BF has done in these games and the mods that so many of you guys have created to enhance our fun.

Edited by dragonwynn