Dismounting Humvee Mk19 & .50 Cal.

MOS:96B2P

I noticed in the CMBS game manual (not the engine manual) that on page 53 it states the crew of a Humvee can dismount and take the vehicle's Mk19 or .50 Cal. with them.  I tried this and was not able to make it work.  I'm guessing the manual is wrong?  Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?  Any clarification would be great.  

MOS:96B2P,

Wasn't aware that was doable in the game, but I've been talking off and on for years now about being able to dismount in CM .50s and such from US WW II AFVs for ground combat use on the standard issue with the vehicles tripod. Also, have been holding forth on dismounted BMP ATGM launcher and offset launch capability.

Regards,

John Kettler

26 minutes ago, akd said:

Each assault platoon has 1x mounted Mk 19 and 1x mounted .50, as well as 1x stowed Mk. 19 and 1x stowed .50.  The Mk 19 and .50 teams in the vehicles represent the stowed weapons.

I found four Humvee equipped assault platoons in an Infantry Battalion / Weapons Company.  The platoon commander's Humvee in each platoon may have an Mk19, M2 or M240B which can be selected at the bottom of the purchase screen.  So I selected Mk19s and M2s and placed them on the map.  I could not find any stowed Mk19s or M2s.  I played around for awhile with Acquire, Bailout, Dismount, checked special equipment area etc. nothing.   Am I looking in the wrong place in the TOE?      

On 2/26/2017 at 0:32 AM, akd said:

Be sure you pick the assault option for the platoon, not that antitank one that gives more M1167s.  With the assault option selected, the crew of the second humvee dismounted is a Mk19 team and the crew of the third humvee dismounted is an M2 team.

Okay, I see what I did.  After reading the manual I thought all Humvees with the Mk19 and .50 Cal. could be dismounted and the weapon taken with.  But I see now it only applies to a very specific area of the TOE: Infantry Battalion / Weapons Company / Assault Platoon / Standard.  (I failed to select standard earlier when I was looking).  

I also noticed that when the crew dismounts they receive a duplicate Mk19 or .50 Cal. for the time they are dismounted.  The original weapon was still visible on the vehicle.  So out of curiosity I mounted a rifle scout team in the Humvee and they were able to drive the Humvee and shoot the Mk19.  Probably gamey behavior but it did work ;)

Thanks for the help akd.      

6 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I also noticed that when the crew dismounts they receive a duplicate Mk19 or .50 Cal. for the time they are dismounted.  The original weapon was still visible on the vehicle.  So out of curiosity I mounted a rifle scout team in the Humvee and they were able to drive the Humvee and shoot the Mk19.  Probably gamey behavior but it did work ;).

They actually have two of each (one mounted on vehicle, one stowed) in TO&E, so not gamey per se.

I recall in CMSF they put a dismountable mg on a British vehicle (Jackel? WMIK?) and it was a horror show to make happen. They were trying to do something the game wasn't coded to do and they had to do weird work-arounds to get it to work. It was their first go at including that feature. Unfortunately I can't check this because my computer and CMSF aren't cooperating with each other at the moment.