Submerged T34/85

Recently, I was playing the second scenario in the Cross of Iron campaign when I noticed something odd.  A T34/85 started to cross the river which was fordable in places.  I was expecting it to plough through the water at about track height, but it submerged completely, leaving a patch of disturbed white water to mark its progress.  When it reached the opposite bank, it resurfaced and completed its crossing.

Were T34s capable of doing this?  I thought that tanks required extensive preparation before attempting to cross water completely submerged and that only certain models were capable of it.   I was unaware that the T34/85 was one of them.

Would anyone like to comment?

SLR

I do not have CMRT yet, but I could make a guess. If the shallow ford was placed next to water or deep ford and the T34 maybe crosses at an odd angle (or the water features were placed diagonally), the move through was registered at the ford, while graphically it was showed moving submerged in deep water. A graphical glitch then most likely.

I think RockinHarry probably has it. If the underwater terrain is ridged (like a gabled roof), but the T34 is offset to the downslope, then it is deeper than planned, but still on a fordable piece of terrain. This is an edge condition. (Punny me!) It usually doesn't happen, but the exact pathing of that tank may have caused this.

Ken