Graphics quality: best vs. fastest

Hafer

Now i'm getting really old or mad..

On my opinion the fastest settings looks better than the "best" . I compared the settings in the scenario "brutal". Am i right that the only difference in the settings is the draw distance of the details?

Cheers, Hafer

PS. Especially the "trunks only" option works much better with the fast setting...

Edited by Hafer

Balanced/Balanced is the best compromise between graphic quality and speed.

The difference between Balanced/Balanced and Best/Best is principally draw distance.

I would not go below Balanced/Balanced unless your system cannot handle it.

You can also try "Balanced" 3d model/"Best" textures, since textures seem to have very little impact on FPS.

I generally play Excellent/Best.

Everybody's computer/graphics card is different. Some people have to turn everything down, other turn everything up to max. You can also turn off trees blowing in the wind and normal map shading in Options, which will either have no great effect or be a tremendous help. I used to struggle mightily with forest maps back in (pre 2.0) CMBN, in CMBS there's hardly a hiccup.