Demo out, no new topic: Until NOW!

cool breeze,

What's not-hotseat? If it's a gaming mode, I must've missed it. For me, the CMBN Demo, it was vs AI only, there being no potential opponent nearby. My hotseat experience is limited and goes all the way back to CMx1's CMBO. I found it awkward and counter immersive. Can you play the CMBS Demo on LAN? Am pretty sure there's no PBEM.

Regards,

John Kettler

Your commentary is funny.  How's that?

I think you might be getting at issues so lets see.  Infantry deploying smoke does take a long time in the game.  I think it reflects collecting the smoke grenades and some consideration by the squad leader about where to put the smoke.  I am sure a lively discussion could ensue.

The building entry issue - is annoying.  It happens from time to time that you do not get WYSYWYG doors.  It's a bug.  I do not have the demo installed I might have some time later today to see if I can get the same thing to happen in the shipping game with the demo scenario.

I think you might be getting at issues so lets see.  Infantry deploying smoke does take a long time in the game.  I think it reflects collecting the smoke grenades and some consideration by the squad leader about where to put the smoke.  I am sure a lively discussion could ensue.

Hmm... I think it simulates problems with one of soldiers zip pocket so he can't pull out the granade... trully, what an amazing level of simulation

Edited by beelzeboss

no, no, their supposed to use the new Apple IPhone app that lets you use the new door security keys...

http://www.gizmag.com/sharekey-smartphone-nfc-house-keys/25653/

but on the serious side yes this is happening on the official version too, and among other issues like

disappearing units and buildings cloaking devices or ECM being used causing the cloaking?

Edited by Wolfseven

George MC,

Thank you for the clarification. Did they have PBEM/TCP available in prior game CMx2 Demos? The only CMx2 Demo I've ever played was CMBN, and since I was having a terrible time of it vs AI, it never occurred to me to try PBEM. I think it was awfully nice of BFC to implement those--as well as great marketing strategy! Anyone with any interest in the various topics covered by the Demos is quite likely to get hooked by playing and need the full strength E-crack thereafter. I ought to know. I've been hooked since the CMx1 CMBO Beta Demo in January 2000!

Regards,

John Kettler

TBH John I can't say with regard TCP but PBEM has been in all the CMX2 series games. As far as I am aware PBEM at least has been in the demos.

Be easy enough to check guess - just go and look up the demo release notes for each one on the BFC website?