The Blast move mechanics what is the better way to do it

Machine guns have been identified on the other side of this bocage one was taken out the other one is about out but I want to put my tank over there to really way into them - but I'm actually thinking when I do that anti tank guns will open up on me but anyway at the beginning of the video I have set a move fast order then a move order up to place the charge then a blast order on other side of the bocage then a crawl back order from where they came from but what is the best way to do this .... (I'm suppressing the other last seen machine gun area and there are some infantry way off that are mostly out of play) 

Some stud made this Scenario and I'm in the middle of it later on my tank ran into minefield and got stuck .....immobilized 

CMNormandy2015-01-0616-19-57-62.jpg

Edited by Artofwar

You can place a blast order across a bocage/wall or parallel to it. If you place it across the bocage then you're guaranteed that the blast will happen about where you place it, but your men will run though the bocage once the blast is done. If you place it parallel to the bocage then your men wont run though it but the blast runs a chance of happening elsewhere -  this is usually only a problem near bocage corners or if your men are in a narrow lane with bocage on both sides. In the early days of CM the parallel method also had a greater chance for a large hole being made but I'm not sure that's still the case.

My preferred SOP is to move the demo team to an AS 1 perpendicularly away from the point to be breached, then plot the Blast to the AS "just this side" of the barrier and a Fast move back into cover. I was never convinced that the diagonal approach really made the wider breach any more likely... For perfect timing, have your team arrive at that first point in one turn, in the subsequent orders phase, plot a 45s pause at their position and then the Blast command and Fast exfil. You should have a hole just in time for the next orders phase and you might even be able to cancel the breach team's movement leg into the gap, so they're not even partially exposed.

One thing to be careful of is that if you blast a tank-sized hole that includes a pre-existing (in the map, not created by Blast) hole in the Bocage, there's a good chance your tanks won't be able to roll through it. I try never to hav a Blast order that might incorporate "natural" breaks.

You can place a blast order across a bocage/wall or parallel to it. If you place it across the bocage then you're guaranteed that the blast will happen about where you place it, but your men will run though the bocage once the blast is done. If you place it parallel to the bocage then your men wont run though it but the blast runs a chance of happening elsewhere -  this is usually only a problem near bocage corners or if your men are in a narrow lane with bocage on both sides. In the early days of CM the parallel method also had a greater chance for a large hole being made but I'm not sure that's still the case.

My preferred SOP is to move the demo team to an AS 1 perpendicularly away from the point to be breached, then plot the Blast to the AS "just this side" of the barrier and a Fast move back into cover. I was never convinced that the diagonal approach really made the wider breach any more likely... For perfect timing, have your team arrive at that first point in one turn, in the subsequent orders phase, plot a 45s pause at their position and then the Blast command and Fast exfil. You should have a hole just in time for the next orders phase and you might even be able to cancel the breach team's movement leg into the gap, so they're not even partially exposed.

Have a look at this. Seemed to explain this process well.

Can't recall who wrote this but it's a link posted somewhere here in an older post.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yVJrNgsek5gXkp3E7r1GmJegnZasJG_w9bDVi4lc-N0/mobilebasic?pli=1

Someone posted these pics several years ago in regards to the blast command and the results. The blast along method 99.9% of the time yields a tank sized gap.

blastns.jpg

blastdiag.jpg

One thing to be careful of is that if you blast a tank-sized hole that includes a pre-existing (in the map, not created by Blast) hole in the Bocage, there's a good chance your tanks won't be able to roll through it. I try never to hav a Blast order that might incorporate "natural" breaks.

Thanks all this really helped me Now I'm a pro at demolition