Facade Troop scenario video AAR [Feedback appreciated]

Hey guys I tried something new with this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdzWi45cYYw.

Instead of taking you through all the commands I filmed only during the action minutes, giving glimpses of the combat along with descriptions of what is happening and my thoughts. Obviously skill level is set at Iron.

I would really appreciate some feedback regarding both my tactics and this style of video if you have the time (and patience)!

I'm not going to lie I'm pretty sure I won through sheer luck more than anything else in terms of my orders. Maybe not, but there were more than a few times I went "thank god I ordered that move because they surprised me there"..

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I thought it was pretty cool. My favorite CM vids are the ones without all the game play stuff showing. My most favorite are the ones without narration but I did enjoy your banter. There is a certain charm when you can hear the enthusiasm for the game in the narrator's voice.

My only criticism would be to let people see you toggle the trees on and off throughout the video just so anyone that has never seen the game understands there ARE trees. That point where the jeep is just slogging along could be confusing to newbies.

And, man, I hope BFC does something with gun movement animations in the future...it just looks really bad compared to everything else that goes on in the game. It's a weak point in otherwise very nice graphics.

Mord.

I don't mind 1 or 2 minute action videos without commentary, But for full length scenarios I think commentary makes it so much better for the viewer. You get a clear understanding of what the player is trying to do, and their reaction when things don't quite go as planned is always fun to hear.

Thanks for the feedback, I would agree I think I was accidentally toggling off more than I was intending to while switching between playing and filming.

I like to Narrate, explain why I made my mistakes and or triumphs (usually the latter completely by accident!).

For one is there any way of doing a multiplayer turn based game where you are both connected to a server and still have the "war movie"? If not is it only for real time mode?

The normal way is by PBEM, does that not get ridiculously long and you lose track of what is happening very easily? I like doing video AARs and it will be a pain to record a match that takes place over a month or two hehe, I wish they had some sort of "record all war movie minutes" setting..