shooting through friendly units

My units are shooting through friendly units, is this normal? :(

Is there any modification to fix this?:confused:

You have lots of answers about what can happen but to prevent it being a problem make sure you keep your guys in their own fire lanes. In other words when you are in contact with the enemy do not have units one behind the other. Especially tanks. Make sure, when ever possible, they have their own unobstructed LOF to the enemy. I lost count the number of times a tank would be shooting at the enemy but the round hit a tree right over top of my men. Or the tank came to a halt just as the gunner pulled the trigger with the round landing in front of the tank right were my men were.

BFC and/or playtesters,

If every bullet is accurately tracked, why is it that workhorse .30/7.62 and 7.92mm fire can't own goal friendlies? "Friendly fire isn't," and I see no good reason why amicide is possible with larger calibers and HE, but not with the far more plentiful rifle/SMG/Kurz and pistol rounds.

Regards,

John Kettler

John, hi,

I am sure Charles could easily code blue on blue with small arms..

But... it would make playing the game too difficult. To manage it the player would have to intervene too often.. you would have to pause and then click a lot again and again.

Also... the TacAi would no doubt be over challenged...

All the best,

Kip.

I always thought the biggest reason was clearing houses. Without clearly delineated rooms, staircases, doorways, etc it would be impossible to accurately track every round in a structure.

Clearing houses is abstracted, so friendly fire has to be as well.