Two little things I'd like implemented...

I'd love to have a hotkey for saving the game... I often save during the action round and having to click the button right beneath the big red button scares the bejeezus out of me... Me not being all that steady on the hand any more, I might click that and end the turn instead :P

Second on the list is an addition to the Icons toggle.

Right now it's Show All Icons > Show only spotting icons > show no icons.

I'd like to add another there: Show no fortification icons.

When you have a large and extensive fortification network it's sometimes hard to see the troop icons in all the clutter.

All very good suggestions in my opinion. And they go well with one of my own (previously mentioned) pet wishes, a customizable "Hide Play Aids" function:

In CM1 we had a button called "Hide Play Aids" (if I remember correctly). With one click it toggled off unit bases, icons, hit texts and probably more. It would be nice to have something like this introduced into CM2 as well, though I´d like to take it a step further:

Why not make a customizable "Hide Play Aids" function - ie one where you can add your own toggles.

An example: When I am in the orders phase I like to have most play aids on, like for instance floating icons and objectives. I also have trees set to "Show Nearby Trunks Only" (brilliant and very useful invention, by the way).

But in the replay phase - and when I record videos of course - I toggle all of these things of: No floating icons, no objectives or landmarks and Show Trees On. Thus, right now it takes me three or four clicks to change from my preferred view in the orders phase to my preferred view in the replay phase - and that get to be a bit of a hassle.

If we had a customizable "Hide Play Aids" then I would be able to turn all these functions - including the user interface - on or off with just one click. And everybody else would be able to do the same - with their own pet functions.

Hope you´re listening, BFC ;)

Me not being all that steady on the hand any more...

DTs, huh? ;)

But I hear you and agree. That red button needs to be moved well away from anything else that you might want to click on. I have clicked on it two or three times by accident and that is two or three times too many. And I really do not understand why Command-S (or its PC equivalent) does not save the current game. That is such an industry standard.

Michael

I'd love to have a hotkey for saving the game... I often save during the action round and having to click the button right beneath the big red button scares the bejeezus out of me... Me not being all that steady on the hand any more, I might click that and end the turn instead :P

Second on the list is an addition to the Icons toggle.

Right now it's Show All Icons > Show only spotting icons > show no icons.

I'd like to add another there: Show no fortification icons.

When you have a large and extensive fortification network it's sometimes hard to see the troop icons in all the clutter.

Please BF listen the men.

In terms of pet wishes and toggles...

- Toggle the new casualty display system on the UI. Very cluttered when the casualties mount up in squads. Difficult to easily distinguish who's dead and who's not on a quick and ready basis. Personally, was happy with the old system of simply disappearing silhouettes but yeah each to their own. :P