Combat Mission vs. Company Of Heroes

What many people forget or don't know about Company of Heroes is that it was made with the Warhammer engine. They basically remodelled the Hulk Marines into GI's and the hover tanks into Shermans, but didn't really change anything else in terms of game play. The city graphics look good though. But you might as well be comparing Might and Magic to CM.

Agree with a lot that's been said here, but it doesn't seem to me that the praise very much due CM means it's necessary to denigrate CoH. The games offer very different experiences, but both games are superb for what they are. CM is a simulation, CoH is a video game. It's perfectly possible to love both.

The only thing I would say is: avoid Company of Heroes 2. CoH remains a joy to play and well worth picking up for anyone remotely interested, but CoH2 is a travesty.

I spend a fair amount of time with Steam and Iron and with Command.

Command seems basically the next evolution of Harpoon, which I've played from the beginning on computer and also with metal ships and paper, along with ww2 naval miniatures and Seapower II/III and Seekrieg.

Good games and much more in the simulator mode - updated computerized versions of the paper/miniatures games.

Agree with a lot that's been said here, but it doesn't seem to me that the praise very much due CM means it's necessary to denigrate CoH. The games offer very different experiences, but both games are superb for what they are. CM is a simulation, CoH is a video game. It's perfectly possible to love both.

The only thing I would say is: avoid Company of Heroes 2. CoH remains a joy to play and well worth picking up for anyone remotely interested, but CoH2 is a travesty.

I think the comparing started when CoH players decided to start it. I very much doubt anyone on this forum would have ever thought to compare CM to CoH. CoH might be good fun, but it's nothing like CM.

I enjoy playing Starcraft 2. Too bad I can't click fast enough to play against the people on the Starcraft servers. So I have to content myself with the AI and play on "slow" speed.