Polish war movie excerpt Bagration?

Since the blaring music overrides the audio and there are no English subtitles, that's what I think this is. In any event, it shows Polish T-34/85s going into action, in combat and the aftermath. There's some great footage of the tanks moving through all kinds of terrain, with excellent showing of the suspension at work. Also tankodesantniki. Wouldn't want to be the mudguard dudes!

Regards,

John Kettler

This footage comes from the series "Four tank-men and a dog" which was made in the late 60ties, and has become a cult TV production of all times in Poland.

When I was a boy in early 80ties I knew all the episodes almost by heart as did my classmates. In these dark years that was one of the few war movies to watch in polish TV.

The series was full of communist propaganda, praised the polish-soviet friendship, and falsified historical facts.

Germans were presented as utter fools and halfwits, who succumbed in masses to the victorious red army.

Nevertheless there is some nice footage of T-34/85 in action.

There were however many inconsistencies in the movie, one of them being the fact that despite we see a T-34/85 there are only "four tank-men" :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czterej_pancerni_i_pies

This TV series is the answer to why so many Poles playing World of tanks - as an adventure film is great - but as a historical source - is nothing but a big propaganda

no and Pola Raksa - the most beautiful actress of this generation;)

The discussion reminded me of an old russian Series "Liberation" ("Befreiung" in German). I think 5 Movies from the 70's. Starting with Kursk (which was crap ), to Berlin (the later Movies were pretty good). In any case, loads of original russian equipment to see.

Since the blaring music overrides the audio and there are no English subtitles, that's what I think this is. In any event, it shows Polish T-34/85s going into action, in combat and the aftermath. There's some great footage of the tanks moving through all kinds of terrain, with excellent showing of the suspension at work. Also tankodesantniki. Wouldn't want to be the mudguard dudes!

Regards,

John Kettler

The opening shots show the tanks traveling with their main guns facing backwards> Was this a common practice? What is the advantage?

very interesting compilation in color

Opening shots of AAA firing into buildings show much higher shell spread than seen in CMRT.

AA flaks would be more effective against infantry and even against tanks if they didn't hit with all the shells in a single point.