my mega questions thread (thread1)

its much easier to put all the current questions i have in 1 -2 threads than make 10s of threads each week so here it is:

1.is there any terrain mod made specifically for market garden

2.uniforms that are made for commonwealth module (specifically for british troops) , are they 100% compatible with market garden british troops?

3.is there any oficial/private/whatever fix for the shadows (willing to take any risk) (amd 7750 here)

4.is pre battle arty/air strike too OP or its fine , any balance tips?(multiplayer) - small-med map

5.is arty delay on elite difficulty too long or its exactly how it should be (heavier guns take really long time)

6.is aris terrain mod(the one with green dark grass hd grass) compatible with market garden ? (means no bugs , i know it can be used theoretically)

7.is there any way to force the troops to shoot blindly into the smoke (20-50 meters behind smoke )

8.why is there no churchil tanks in market garden

9.(couldnt find on google): did british paratroopers fought with armoured support at any time at any place in market garden area (geographically)

10.there is luftwaffe formaton, and then i can choose airbourne infantry. are those airbourne infantry (with smaller helmets) considered falshirmjaegers or they are some luftwaffe soldiers? (asking cos they dont have fg42)

(market garden module)

11.how to install (or where ) cmFI 1.01 fix into CMBN market garden, where to put it

12.whats different in commonwealth module in comparison to market garden (except campaigns and battles)

13.Which sound mod you prefer (Hq1.5 , sfx 1.25 or odball's sound mod)

14. do you think that mods (terrain mods) made for base game/commonwealth really fit in into market garden module? if so which ones

(link if possible)

15.why is king tiger rotating (whole body,not turret) so fast compared to all other tanks

(2x more fast than sherman for example)

16.do you find that tanks are slower in turning around /rotating than they should be? and if so do you have any explanation

17.ordering infantry units to target ARC means that if enemy tank comes very close to them they will throw grenades more efficiently? or something else

18.why stug III cost more than panzer 4 (cmbn base game, not sure for others)

19.(turn based mode) how can i make troops wait 15 or 30 seconds and then let them shoot

20.do you find vanila battlefront tracers realistic

21.does cmbn RT and FI use only one core (or they actually benefit from other cores) , does that mean that i can have dual core processor and someone with quad core wont benefit a single percent?

22.anyone here who plays cmbn on best/best with 15+ Fps ALL the time?(tiny-huge maps)

23.any way to force models to be good quality even on the other side of the map (without zooming)

24.how to get this cursor in game:

so far those are questions i had in mind. thanks in advance for potential answers

LOL I will try to answer a few. I'll avoid the ones that should go to tech support or are subjective play oriented items.

its much easier to put all the current questions i have in 1 -2 threads than make 10s of threads each week so here it is:

1.is there any terrain mod made specifically for market garden

Not that I know of. There are terrain mods that apply to the family. There are probably uniform mods that apply to units from MG.

2.uniforms that are made for commonwealth module (specifically for british troops) , are they 100% compatible with market garden british troops?

I have never heard of an issue with a mod that only worked for certain modules within the family so I am pretty certain the answer is yes. The only variation is for units with uniforms that were not in CW in which case the mod would simply not apply.

6.is aris terrain mod(the one with green dark grass hd grass) compatible with market garden ? (means no bugs , i know it can be used theoretically)

see #2

7.is there any way to force the troops to shoot blindly into the smoke (20-50 meters behind smoke )

There used to be an issue where you could target an area you could not see while ordering commands. I believe that has been removed and with it any ability to blindly fire into smoke.

8.why is there no churchil tanks in market garden

Not sure I understand this. Churchills are in CW module.

9.(couldnt find on google): did british paratroopers fought with armoured support at any time at any place in market garden area (geographically)

I would assume there might be some examples, but I don't know of any off hand. Most of the British para fighting was across the river and armor never reached there.

10.there is luftwaffe formaton, and then i can choose airbourne infantry. are those airbourne infantry (with smaller helmets) considered falshirmjaegers or they are some luftwaffe soldiers? (asking cos they dont have fg42)

(market garden module)

Luftwaffe infantry originated in the base game but some specific ToE stuff was I believe added for certain unit types in MG. In addition there are there FJ formations. My understanding is the FG 42 does show up but perhaps not in the quantity you might be expecting.

11.how to install (or where ) cmFI 1.01 fix into CMBN market garden, where to put it

there is no "CMFI" fix to apply there is only the CMBN patches. 2.12 would apply any incremental changes that would have shown up while releasing CMFI-GL.

12.whats different in commonwealth module in comparison to market garden (except campaigns and battles)

Lots and lots of units and ToE stuff... lots.

17.ordering infantry units to target ARC means that if enemy tank comes very close to them they will throw grenades more efficiently? or something else

you don't want to give infantry any orders if you plan to close assault a tank. Let the TAC AI run that, just get them close.

21.does cmbn RT and FI use only one core (or they actually benefit from other cores) , does that mean that i can have dual core processor and someone with quad core wont benefit a single percent?

Currently CM uses only one, expect that top change at some point and when it does it will apply to all games released from CMBN on.

4.is pre battle arty/air strike too OP or its fine , any balance tips?(multiplayer) - small-med map

Generally it is ok for the attacker only in an attack/defend type battle. I would not allow it for the defender or by anyone in an ME.

5.is arty delay on elite difficulty too long or its exactly how it should be (heavier guns take really long time)

IIRC the artillery response times are the same for Warrior difficulty and up.

Only if the area target order is given before the smoke blocks LOS.

15.why is king tiger rotating (whole body,not turret) so fast compared to all other tanks

(2x more fast than sherman for example)

It shouldn't be faster than ALL other tanks, but it had a smaller turning radius than the Sherman. Plus, in a pinch it could do this:

16.do you find that tanks are slower in turning around /rotating than they should be? and if so do you have any explanation

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1509638&postcount=19

No.

18.why stug III cost more than panzer 4 (cmbn base game, not sure for others)

The Stug has better armor protection.

19.(turn based mode) how can i make troops wait 15 or 30 seconds and then let them shoot

By giving them a 10 or 20 second pause with a short covered at their current position and then a move order with a target command at the destination.

20.do you find vanila battlefront tracers realistic

No, and they are not intended to be realistic.

One core only, presently.

Pre-battle arty: meaning first turn strike?

If you're playing multiplayer, it is considered bad form to bombard your enemy's setup area on the first turn. As always, there can be exceptions. Did that occur historically and is it part of the briefing? (Let the poor sap know that his men are under artillery bombardment BEFORE he starts the game.) Um, that's all I can think of. Otherwise very gamey and poor.

(Okay, another exception: your opponent has a HUGE setup zone and you just happen to pick the likely spot to bombard and catch him in it. If he's confined at all, and out of LOS, and you nail 'em, you may not get a turn sent back.)

I thought all tanks could do that per design?

Not nearly all. The Sherman wasn't designed to, IIRC and it wasn't alone. Getting tracks to run opposite directions is a complex mechanism, vulnerable in a combat vehicle. The Panther, again IIRC, was designed to be able to do it, but production models suffered from a combination of an underengineered drive train and shortage of the materials that might have made the design strong enough, so that pivoting in place was as likely as not to completely screw the drive train and immobilise the tank.

Add the anecdotal evidence from tankers' accounts on here about how easy it is to throw a track while performing that maneuver (and hence how it wouldn't be routinely used even by the vehicles that were both designed and built to be capable of it), and it's almost a surprise it's even in the game. AIUI, it's there for all vehicles to help out the TacAI which isn't as good at plotting 3-point turns as players are.

In reality, the Sherman couldn't even lock one track and pivot on it. It turned by slowing the rotation of one side, so it's minimum turn radius was quite large without a lot of short forward/reverse maneuvering, like a wheeled vehicle.