Replaying old games

Hearts of Iron 2, a global strategy game set during WW2. I love to start as Germany in 1944 and try to win the war against all odds or at least survive longer than historical Germany. I ve done this at least a dozen times,(almost) never gets boring.

I still play Flight Commander 2 (FC2) which was released by Battlefront. Unfortunately, with the non-support of Windows XP by MS, I may soon have to upgrade my computer to Win 7. Friends have told me that FC2 does not run on the 64-bit version of Win7.

I wish that Battlefront would come up with an updated version or at least one that would run on a 64-bit Win7. Is anyone else interested in seeing an FC2 update?

Lately there has been a trend of old classics being re-released with updated engines and major bug fixes; not to mention full compatibility with windows 7/8.

I've been playing icewind dale 1 and bauldar's gate enhanced edition for the first time and having a blast with it.

Whenever a sequel to a beloved classic series appears like fallout 3, I may take interest and actually start playing the series from the first game (no matter how antiquated the gameplay mechanics) right up until the latest release to ensure I enjoy the maximum benefit from the single player backstory. Enhancing old classics would definitely facilitate this (in addition to earning additional revenue) rather than force players to sift through abandonware sites.

Lately there has been a trend of old classics being re-released with updated engines and major bug fixes; not to mention full compatibility with windows 7/8.

I've been playing icewind dale 1 and bauldar's gate enhanced edition for the first time and having a blast with it.

Whenever a sequel to a beloved classic series appears like fallout 3, I may take interest and actually start playing the series from the first game (no matter how antiquated the gameplay mechanics) right up until the latest release to ensure I enjoy the maximum benefit from the single player backstory. Enhancing old classics would definitely facilitate this (in addition to earning additional revenue) rather than force players to sift through abandonware sites.

Then I'm waiting for wing commander.

Then I'm waiting for wing commander.

Chris Robert's current spiritual successor to Wing Commander is Star Citizen.

It's a crowd sourced MMO project that plays like Privateer. You acquire your own ship and you can join various different factions or go it alone. There may or may not be a single player component. One of the most interesting aspects of this MMO is the micro transaction economy that takes on the form of users creating their own ships using external 3D modeling applications and if approved, selling them on the Star Citizen marketplace.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Chris Robert's current spiritual successor to Wing Commander is Star Citizen.

It's a crowd sourced MMO project that plays like Privateer. You acquire your own ship and you can join various different factions or go it alone. There may or may not be a single player component. One of the most interesting aspects of this MMO is the micro transaction economy that takes on the form of users creating their own ships using external 3D modeling applications and if approved, selling them on the Star Citizen marketplace.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

I am an early supporter but I'm not that optimistic about this game. Let's see.