King Tiger Henschel mod released

Thanks Earl, but I think I'll stick to my own version (but why don't you mail yours to Stingray?

Oh, I like yours, too! Just a little tease from my side. :D The more different mods, the better it is. I just want to help getting a new modding scene going and the current one alive.

Besides: Did the german tankers really scrape off the zimmerit to make space for emblems?

I doubt it saw very widespread use, but some units actually did it: sPzAbt505,sSS-PzAbt102, SSDiv "WIKING" to name some I have ssen photographic evidence from.

The surface of Zimmerit is VERY rough, so painting any recognition symbols or tactical insignia on it is pretty time-consuming.

And another thing: wouldn't your solution require changes to the normal mapping files as well? IIRC, the zimmerit structure is in the normal maps too.

Correct, but changing the normal map is pretty easy once you have a working one. More or less works like a standard texture.

GENERATING a normal map from scratch is an entirely different cup of ta though.

A couple more.

It seems that I´ll have to move the second one (sPzAbt 506) to the MG section, though. As I understand it they didn´t have King Tigers on the Eastfront.

Any suggestion for other emblems I could use? If not, I´ll just go with these.

13937261586_87dcdd0c99_c.jpg

13957168972_9a1ee1d790_c.jpg

A couple more.

It seems that I´ll have to move the second one (sPzAbt 506) to the MG section, though. As I understand it they didn´t have King Tigers on the Eastfront.

13957168972_9a1ee1d790_c.jpg

Just to make sure you will release this beauty too no !? :)

Just to make sure you will release this beauty too no !? :)

Sure I will. But it belongs in a CMBN-pack, so I'll have to check which units had KT's on the western front. If you could tell me, that would of course speed things up a bit ;)

Sure I will. But it belongs in a CMBN-pack, so I'll have to check which units had KT's on the western front. If you could tell me, that would of course speed things up a bit ;)

I'm by no means a grog, but digging around in the archives, I have found this:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=24601&page=3

For your convenience from the third page (all western front):

June - Aug 1944:

316 FKL - 5 Tiger II

s.Pz.Abt 503 - 12 Tiger II

1.Kp. s.SS.Pz.Abt 101 - 14 Tiger II

1.Kp. s.Pz.Abt.503 - 14 Tiger II

October - Dec 1944:

s.Pz.Abt 506 - 45 Tiger II

s.SS.Pz.Abt. 501 - 45 Tiger II

March 1945: