T34-1942-late

So what color IS 4BO...? :D

Since the topic of what exact color German Dark Yellow is has been discussed to death over the years I propose we start with Soviet colors now.

I always thought 4BO is something in the vicinty of Olive Drab rather than that blue green I see in the screenshot. Or am I completely mistaken?

So what color IS 4BO...? :D

Since the topic of what exact color German Dark Yellow is has been discussed to death over the years I propose we start with Soviet colors now.

I always thought 4BO is something in the vicinty of Olive Drab rather than that blue green I see in the screenshot. Or am I completely mistaken?

Hi Earl Grey, ( I wonder what tea you drink )

In the scale modelling world tank colours seem to be all over the place. As you also probably know it is also difficult to find colour photos. It seems to me that the BF colours are pretty accurate, however there are slightly lighter and dark, almost olive gray colours, as well.

This tank I have done will probably have some de-saturation and blending applied before I release it. I am not a stickler for 100% historical accuracy as I enjoy a bit of Hollywood in my colours.

Regards,

John

"The recipe for 4BO is ".....RKKA paint mixing instructions from 1941 specify that Protective Green 4BO was a mixture of 40-60% yellow ochre, 15-20% zinc chromate, 10% ultramarine and 10-20% white.....""

http://www.4bogreen.com/

http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=66822

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.711026648926400.1073741869.267763626586040&type=3

?type=3&theater

pulls pin, retires to a safe distance with hands over ears :))

@z1812: Weeell... Yes, I do indeed drink that tea. LOTS of it. Chose that name 'cause my mu used to drink a lot of that tea, though, but never was one for coffee, so...

But you wouldn't believe how often people ask me when they see my nick. :D

@Fritz: Hm, that more or less is the color I expected, although I wouldn't have thought it's that light (I'm speaking about the FS approximation here).

I suppose it'd be much darker in practice on top of a primer. But hey, artistic license is perfectly OK - after all, we do NOT know how the war time colors REALLY looked.